"Avatar" trailer in theatres?

Free4Life11

DIS Veteran
I'm looking forward to this movie, but I haven't seen the trailer before any movies and I really want to. It surprises me because I read the movie cost $200 - $300 million to make, yet they don't seem to be doing much to promote it. :confused3

In the past two weeks I've seen The Fourth Kind, The Box, and Law Abiding Citizen and it hasn't aired before any of them. I'm seeing 2012 tonight and hope it plays before it.

Maybe they are just playing it before the 3D movies? I sure hope this isn't the case because I don't ever pay the premium for those 3D movies; I did once for "U2: 3D" and it was a complete waste of money not to mention those glasses annoyed the heck out of me. Maybe I'll make an exception for this one.

I saw it....think it was before Surrogates maybe.....definitely wasn't a 3D movie.

I know I've seen it as a preview lately, but can't for the life of me remember which movie we saw. I'll have to ask DH, he'll know. I'm sure it wasn't a 3D movie though. :rolleyes1

DD and I saw the trailer for it when we saw "This Is It" a few weeks ago.

Not my cup of tea (nor hers), but DH was jealous when he heard we saw the trailer. He's excited about the release.

We've watched it several times on our AppleTV. The movie looks like a lot of fun. I did see posters for it at the theater, but since we were there for a kid movie, I wasn't surprised to not see the trailer there.

We've seen it on TV on the FX channel, but haven't been to a theater in a while.

We saw it before Disney's A Christmas Carol (yes, a 3D movie.) I'd never even heard of it, but it made me and my 8 year old DS both want to go see it. It looks amazing.

I saw it when DFi and I went to see "Paranormal Activity" a couple weeks ago. It looks pretty good!

All we ever see are kids' movies and I think we've seen it about 3-4 times now. We saw it before "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs" (non-3D version, "Astro Boy", "Christmas Carol" and I don't remember the 4th movie... they all run together. lol

I've seen almost all these movies and never saw it! But I did see it tonight before "2012" and can't wait!

The film is highly anticipated (particularly amongst the fanboy crowd like myself). The trailer has been attached to several movies (we saw it before A Christmas Carol) but I've seen it a ton online before. I am hoping that this movie will allow me to forgive James Cameron for Titanic.

Visually it looks stunning so far. I hope the story can match it. Loved the Southpark spoof last week!

I went to see A Christmas Carol at Imax this past Wednesday and the trailer for it was on then, it was full Imax 3d.

I have seen it quite a few times, in both 2D and 3D, plus on tv. Maybe your theatre just doesn't have the trailer to put it on before the movies.

I am hoping that this movie will allow me to forgive James Cameron for Titanic.

Can we be friends? :)

(There was an interview with him in EW and he admits that it's a love story, so that has me a little nervous.)

It's been a looooooong time coming.

The previews alone scared my DD's and myself. I have no desire to see this one.
$200-300 million seems an awful lot of $ to recoop at the theater.

I saw it before The Men Who Stare at Goats and last week they were promoting it during GLEE on Fox. It looks interesting, but I don't know if I'll go see it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter