Avengers 4 Trailer -- movie pushed up a week

1. This was prior to the firing of James Gunn which now im concerned about the direction of the Cosmic Universe. Gunn was supposed to be the head of that and with his firing i feel like that entire idea is now in turmoil. Also, with the addition of Fantastic Four and Xmen do they really need to go down this road now? The Eternal's will obviously take place in outer space but I've heard rumblings that is setting up the Xmen to make their debut.

2. Spidey has been my favorite character since i was a kid but this also worries me now. Due to the success of Venom I have a strong feeling they may pull Spiderman out of the MCU to put into the Venom-Verse (Morbius already confirmed as the next movie). I really REALLY want a 3rd MCU spiderman film so hopefully they don't do what you said and screw up the timelines/universes to badly in Phase 4.

Sidenote CW Shows are Awesome, much better than the DCEU. I've seen Aquaman... not great.

I really don't think they are going to pull spidey out of the MCU for the next phase. I think he has too much kid appeal and can make Disney a lot of money and I don't think Disney wants Venom in their kid bubble just like they deff don't want Deadpool in there. Imagine him running around disney. That would be a great meet and greet. lol

I'm excited though to see the x-men hopefully pulled in more into the MCU.

By the time all this mainstreams into the Florida park I'll prob be an old old man and my kids will be grown up.

(The CW shows are awesome. I wish that Gotham was part of that universe from the beginning even though it is a great show on it's own. I'm sad to see that one end this year. Not really looking forward to aquaman. I'll admit I did like Suiside Squad mainly cause the music improved the movie)

Sorry I went off topic a bit.

So lets throw some movie rumors into this...and hope I won't get smacked by @rteetz :D

Russo brothers have stated they are walking away from superhero movies for a while, and would only come back to MCU if they get to do the Secret Wars story line for Marvel. For that to happen, it has to happen post the Fox acquisition so they can use X-men and Fantastic Four.

I don't think anyone will leave the MCU, just move out of focus. Spidey will be in another movie at least - we have confirmed already - Dr.Strange 2, Black Panther 2, Black Widow movie, Capt. Marvel about to come out. Oh and eventually GotG 3.

I keep hearing rumors of Nova, and maybe some other space oriented ideas.

But as you say @jimim MCU gets fun soon with X-men add.

I really don't think they are going to pull spidey out of the MCU for the next phase. I think he has too much kid appeal and can make Disney a lot of money and I don't think Disney wants Venom in their kid bubble just like they deff don't want Deadpool in there. Imagine him running around disney. That would be a great meet and greet. lol

I'm excited though to see the x-men hopefully pulled in more into the MCU.

By the time all this mainstreams into the Florida park I'll prob be an old old man and my kids will be grown up.

(The CW shows are awesome. I wish that Gotham was part of that universe from the beginning even though it is a great show on it's own. I'm sad to see that one end this year. Not really looking forward to aquaman. I'll admit I did like Suiside Squad mainly cause the music improved the movie)

Sorry I went off topic a bit.

Disney doesn't own Spiderman, Sony does. He is leased to Disney to use in the MCU. Sony has complete control over him so if they want to pull him out they can no problem. I believe they were only contracted through Far From Home. There was never a 3rd move in the deal. With the success of Venom (which sony also owns) I think its a real possibility. I do agree that Deadpool will be its own universe under the FOX banner so they can keep the R rating.

So lets throw some movie rumors into this...and hope I won't get smacked by @rteetz :D

Russo brothers have stated they are walking away from superhero movies for a while, and would only come back to MCU if they get to do the Secret Wars story line for Marvel. For that to happen, it has to happen post the Fox acquisition so they can use X-men and Fantastic Four.

I don't think anyone will leave the MCU, just move out of focus. Spidey will be in another movie at least - we have confirmed already - Dr.Strange 2, Black Panther 2, Black Widow movie, Capt. Marvel about to come out. Oh and eventually GotG 3.

I keep hearing rumors of Nova, and maybe some other space oriented ideas.

But as you say @jimim MCU gets fun soon with X-men add.

Ethernal's is also confirmed November 2020 I believe.

Disney doesn't own Spiderman, Sony does. He is leased to Disney to use in the MCU. Sony has complete control over him so if they want to pull him out they can no problem. I believe they were only contracted through Far From Home. There was never a 3rd move in the deal. With the success of Venom (which sony also owns) I think its a real possibility. I do agree that Deadpool will be its own universe under the FOX banner so they can keep the R rating.

Sony owns the film rights and has creative control, but they do not own the character, Marvel owns the character. And Tom Holland signed a deal for 3 Spider-Man movies and 3 solo movies. After Avengers and Far From Home next year, he still has one more Spider-Man film in his contract.

How does that all work with regards to different studies having control of various marvel characters? Once contracts r up with that studio Disney takes them back since they own marvel? If they don’t take them back then a new contract would mean Disney gets paid rights to use those characters? I never really understood this.

How does that all work with regards to different studies having control of various marvel characters? Once contracts r up with that studio Disney takes them back since they own marvel? If they don’t take them back then a new contract would mean Disney gets paid rights to use those characters? I never really understood this.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the contact with Sony/Disney was just like with Fox/Disney. As long as there is a movie in active development within a certain amount of years they get to keep it.

I'm 99% sure that was the case with Daredevil. After the Afleck Bomb they never did anything with it for so long it went back to Disney/Marvel and we got the Netflix series.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the contact with Sony/Disney was just like with Fox/Disney. As long as there is a movie in active development within a certain amount of years they get to keep it.

I'm 99% sure that was the case with Daredevil. After the Afleck Bomb they never did anything with it for so long it went back to Disney/Marvel and we got the Netflix series.
I think thats how it is as well. And with that lets never mention the Affleck Daredevil ever again lol....unless we are talking about Collin Farrell's portrayal of Bullseye.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!