Avengers Campus Superthread – Opening June 4, 2021!

Ok, interesting— I was practicing for ROTR just now; usually I’m successful, but this morning that wheel spun too long. So I’ve read that the Webslinger BGs are lasting longer in the afternoon, and I went back to try for WS. Not only was it still available, I was also able to go back out twice more and try, before I got the “boarding groups are full” message. It was available for over a minute! So that’s good news.

For those that waited an hour plus, did you get your boarding group at the noon drop? Any idea if wait is less if you're able to get through at 7am?
We had quite good luck and got them both times we tried at 7:00 am. The first time we got boarding group 26, which was called about 9:00 and was almost a walk on. We only waited outside the building for about 5 min before we entered and went into the pre-show area. The second try we got group 5 and basically our group was called about 5 minutes after park opening. We walked straight through again. Full disclosure, we had 3 competitive teens trying with us each day and they were always the ones successful, lol! The line later in the day got LONG LONG and we were so grateful to have gotten on early in the day. We stayed at GCH and used both hotel wifi and our Verizon LTE with success. In our experience, early boarding groups were the way to go.

We had quite good luck and got them both times we tried at 7:00 am. The first time we got boarding group 26, which was called about 9:00 and was almost a walk on. We only waited outside the building for about 5 min before we entered and went into the pre-show area. The second try we got group 5 and basically our group was called about 5 minutes after park opening. We walked straight through again. Full disclosure, we had 3 competitive teens trying with us each day and they were always the ones successful, lol! The line later in the day got LONG LONG and we were so grateful to have gotten on early in the day. We stayed at GCH and used both hotel wifi and our Verizon LTE with success. In our experience, early boarding groups were the way to go.
Thanks for the info. I'm at one of the best westerns across the street but both data and wifi seem spotty. Today was the only day I had to test while here and slept in at 7 and was dealing with bus issues at noon so completely missed the chance. Tomorrow is RotR day, then web slingers on Tuesday.

Do you still have to have a boarding group for Web Slingers to get into Avengers Campus for GOTG?

I just snagged BG 70 with in-flight wifi! Our flight was 9:30 AM Eastern so knowing how spotty in-flight wifi tends to be, especially early in the flight, I wasn’t hugely hopeful. But it worked!
Where did you fly in from? That is so cool that you could get a boarding group from eastern time zone for later in the day!

Where did you fly in from? That is so cool that you could get a boarding group from eastern time zone for later in the day!
New York. As you would expect by the time we got to Disneyland we were several hours late for the BG but the CM didn't bat an eyelid when my daughters showed up to ride (my wife and I were busy unpacking and accepting a big grocery order).

New York. As you would expect by the time we got to Disneyland we were several hours late for the BG but the CM didn't bat an eyelid when my daughters showed up to ride (my wife and I were busy unpacking and accepting a big grocery order).
The first 2 days we were at DL, our RotR and WS boarding groups were called in the morning by 1130. We didn't go to the rides until 730 pm. Super awesome they do that as it allows you to do the ride on your schedule rather than theirs.

We did have a 30 minute wait for WS though. However, the sun wasn't much of an issue in that area at that time as others mentioned mid-day.

Re-reading this thread, several people had asked where the Filtered Water Bottle Refill station was located in Avengers Campus. I took a picture of where it's located to help people.

We used this location to refill our water bottles several times throughout our DCA day. It's located to the left of Dr. Strange's Sanctum.

IMG_20210730_095248155.jpg

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!