Avoiding the strange walk in the park-asking about undergarments.

What undergarment is best for the park?

• Boxer

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Boxer brief

Votes: 41 73.2%
  • Brief

Votes: 5 8.9%
  • Doesn't matter

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Other

Votes: 6 10.7%

• Total voters

DisneyNewbieDad

Earning My Ears
At the risk of being too personal, I wanted to get some wisdom from the group regarding undergarments. o_O I am usually a boxer guy, but am wondering if boxer briefs may make walking around more comfortable and less discourage chaffing. Any advice or tips? Thanks.

Boxer briefs for me help with Chafing. I also use Body Glide, but there are other anti chafing agents that you can apply. For example Gold Bond Makes a sprayable powder and there are other sticks/ roll ons that are available from Amazon, running stores or other sporting good stores.

Use a good Anti-Chaffing Cream or Anti-antiperspirant, wear the tighter fitting (bike short type) boxers are great, the ones that are Wicking (helps wick away sweat). You can purchase these even at Walmart.

Wear the tighter fitting (bike short type) boxers are great, the ones that are Wicking (helps wick away sweat). You can purchase these even at Walmart.
I second this. Biker briefs are the best for anti-chaffing. Also, I use chapsitck (the basic black label) for chaffing anywhere any time. That stuff is magic and easy to carry.

So, this is super relevant to me as I have been researching undergarments. I have been training for a half marathon and developed some horrible chafing. I have found Body Glide and compression shorts really help. Any compression shorts work better than nothing. I have a variety of brands from under Armor to champion and off brands to a brand called Saxx...They all work well

So, this is super relevant to me as I have been researching undergarments. I have been training for a half marathon and developed some horrible chafing. I have found Body Glide and compression shorts really help. Any compression shorts work better than nothing. I have a variety of brands from under Armor to champion and off brands to a brand called Saxx...They all work well

Under Armour is very good. While I haven't tried their BoxerJocks I have many pairs of their heat gear compression shorts. I find that their seems wear out faster than some of my underwear though. I have some adidas compression boxer bries that I like too, but they don't offer quite as much compression. Eastbay brand compression shorts are also pretty good. They don't offer quite as much compression as the under armor shorts but they are half the price.

Just finished a 1/2 marathon using champion. A size smaller but no chafing. These also had a breathable mesh in strategic places

I would agree with wicking boxer briefs. You might also need powder, gold bond works well.

This is a very important thing for Disney - the first time I went didn't prepae and my legs were on fire after a couple days.

Last trip I upgraded my boxer game to include some Tommy Johns - also used the body glide and it was a god send.

This is a very important thing for Disney - the first time I went didn't prepare and my legs were on fire after a couple days.

Last trip I upgraded my boxer game to include some Tommy Johns - also used the body glide and it was a god send.

I've run many marathons and have used body glide and it works but those speed stick containers run out pretty quickly. I've found that a couple small dabs of aquaphor does just as well (long runs need larger dabs, but small dab is fine for simple daily walking), and I keep the tub on top of toilet in hotel bath and remind everyone in family to "prep the friction points" before doing a lot of walking and sweating so they don't run into issues. And while walking in the parks later in the day we almost always see someone that is having "friction trouble" and walking a bit funny.

Our last 2 visits I wore boxers because that's what I wear. I like to be free! But I am considering boxer briefs or bike shorts. No tighty whities! but not for the reasons posted above. I never get chaffing or any funny walk ( I logged over 25,000 steps a day at disney and log over 10,000 every day at home) but I am considering them so I can avoid "The Adjustment" when I get into rides etc.

Wear the same thing that I wear at home - boxer briefs. I learned from my younger teen days that briefs + lots of walking = painful chafing in the leg opening. Once I switched to boxer briefs, I never had the problem anymore. After going through a few brands recently, I finally found the best pair ever: Jockey Cotton Performance (https://www.amazon.com/Jockey-Underwear-Cotton-Performance-Midway). Very comfy material (60% cotton / 35% polyester / 5% spandex) and supportive, and the support lasts all day (unlike 100% cotton pairs).

If you have a Jockey store near you, you can get them cheaper (or sometimes their online store has a sale when you buy multiple pairs). Seriously, best underwear ever for guys.

For workout/running underwear, I like the UnderArmour BoxerJock. They last a really long time (the pairs I own are going on 5 years now - I've yet to replace one). I find them a bit more snug than my Jockey everyday undies, so I prefer to not wear them all day and only for workouts.

Ok if you grab some of this stuff, you you can go commando , i started using this when i was running all the time.

the blew i actually use in lots of places, including between my toes and spots on my feet that could get blisters.. and haven't had a blister since i started doing this..

Gold Bond Friction Defense.
walmart link

if your "man" enough to shop in the womens hygne isle , then this stuff is the bomb!!
walmart link
its may by monistat , and is a power gel..

87badde7-0e8f-4736-b665-62f442e0fe35_1.89680f8ef757f62c7ef932eb85fa4646.jpeg

ea3c2c72-bba6-4dee-b269-43481fb1ba6e_1.6246f3a9d00ed575ede01cb369957b77.jpeg

Two years ago I umpired the USSSA Softball World Championships at WWOS. I wore the Jockey Sport Cooling Mesh boxer briefs. We had one day we were on the fields for 13 hours with a heat index of 110 and had no issues. At least not from my underwear. These are now all I wear during the summer, much better for me than similar pairs from Under Armour, Hanes, Fruit of the Loom and Reebok I tried leading up to that trip.

I had some issues the first time I went after the hot day - more from the heat and sweat than legs rubbing. Since then I got Addidas performance boxer briefs that are wicking and I use baby powder. The one thing that is great to have that hasn't been mentioned is diaper cream. Youngest was still in diapers when we went the first couple times, and the diaper cream was a savior for any heat/sweat/rubbing irritation after the fact.

A couple brands I swear by: 2UNDR and B3NTH. Both amazing to keep everything in its proper place and prevent unnecessary friction.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts