Awesome Feb. 21 3 night Wonder cruise

Disney Cape Codder

Earning My Ears
We just got our pictures back from our fabulous 3 night Feb 21 Wonder Cruise and I wanted to provide a brief trip report.

We had a wonderful 5 night stay at the Swan for the $99 rate which was available with the cruise. I learned about that rate from these boards and mousesavers.com. Thanks!

On Feb 21 we drove to Port Canaveral and arrived around 10:45. Myself, DH DD (age 6) and DS (age 3) started shouting and yelling as the beautiful Wonder came into view. The weather was beautiful sunny and upper 70's. We had an easy drop off process and were checked in for our cruise by 11:00. We enjoyed waiting to board. The kids had pictures taken with Chip & Dale who were dressed in their saililng atire. We enjoyed talking to fellow cruisers in the line. Around 12:20 p.m. we boarded the ship. The kids loved when our name was announced. We then had a fabulous buffet lunch. I went to Palo's to make reservations at 12:50. I was first in line and they let me make my reservation at 1:10 even though the navigator had stated reservations would start to be taken at 1:30. I then went to change our dining rotation to first dining and had no problem. I even got the rotation we wanted APT so we could skip Parot Cay on the second night when my husband and I would eat at Palo. The crew was very accomodating about the dining arrangements!

I then met my DH and children at the cabin. Our luggage arrived just when I did. We did some unpacking and explored the ship. The kids and DH loved eating nachos and hotdogs in the ESPN Club. Then, we checked the kids in the Oceaneer Club and they hated to leave because the facility and staff were so wonderful. We all changed into our bathing suits and the kids loved the Mickey Slide and pool. They could not get enough of it. We enjoyed the sail away party and then quickly dressed for our first dinner at AP. AP was our favorite family restaurant. The room and food were wonderful. Our waiters were over the top accomodating to us and especially the kids. The waiter even brought my husband Chilean Sea Bass the first night from Triton's. After dinner, we were going to go to Hercules but DS insisted on going to the kid's club. We dropped him off and proceeded to the show with DD. However, a half hour into the show she wanted to go to the kids club so we dropped her off and went for a quiet walk and drink. Neither child wanted to leave the kids club but DS had to be taken out insisting that he wanted to stay.

The next morning we woke up to sunny beautiful weather in Nassau. We all had slept well. Our room attendant Tara was wonderful. The room was spotless and she always had a kind word and smile for us. The kids loved their bunk beds and even DH who is tall was happy. We had a delicious sit down breakfast at Triton's with wonderful waiters. The eggs benedict were to die for. DD and I then got autographs and pictures with several of the princesses in the ship lobby. After that, we walked into Nassau and enjoyed a horse and buggs ride tour for $25 plus a $5 tip and $2 tip to the person who took pictures of us. We then walked past the straw market to the first hotel, walked through the hotel and enjoyed their beach for a while. Our horse and buggy driver had suggested this and it was a good idea. We then returned to the Ship and had a delicious lunch at Triton's. After that, we all played some hoops on the basketball court. The kids begged to again go to the Mickey Slide so we spent several hours there with one adult watching them and one enjoying the whirlpool at the adults only pool on a rotating basis. We checked the kids into the Oceaneer Club around 4:00pm. They ran in and barely wnated to say goodbye to us. DH and I enjoyed using the equipment at the health club and taking saunas. Then we changed for dinner and had a fabulous meal with superb service at Palo at 7:00. After that we, enjoyed some quiet time walking around the ship. The only negative was that the manager at Palo was rude when I asked for a window table. I got it but did not appreciate his attitude. We picked the kids up from their club around 10:30. Both were very happy. DD loved making flubber and DS loved the Flounder puppet show.

We woke up early the next morning to an overcast but seemingly mild day at Castaway Cay. After a buffet breadfast, I was the first one off the ship and snagged a great beach location with a hammock and chairs. However, the weather did not want to cooperate. It was very windy and cloudy. We swam a little but it was not great swimming weather. The kids begged to go to the kids club where they had lunch and fun. DH and I had a lovely lunch and walk at the adults only beach and enjoyed it in between intermittent rain showers. We went to check on the kids and there was a terrific downpour so we went back to the ship. The weather didn't get much better and we walked on the ship completely soaked and dripping but we were all laughing. When the rain stopped it was still very cloudy but we all enjoyed the mickey pool. We had a delicious last dinner at Triton's. The wait staff made a bed out of 2 chairs for our DS who fell asleep. DD and I then loved Dreams and enjoyed it with another family whose daughter DD had made friends with. The show surpassed expectations. The seas were rough that night but we all slept fine.

We woke early the next morning, had a delicious last breakfast with our wonderful waitstaff and were off. The cruise was fabulous and we will definitely do it again. It surpassed our expectations. We loved the international crew and felt pampered the entire time.

disney cape codder we were on that same cruise.
we stayed in cabin 7505 and the seas we're very rough up front of the boat the last night.we went down that night to a friends cabin on deck 2 in the back of the boat and it wasn't as bad.
i wish the weather was a little nicer on castaway cay but the island is so nice it was still fine.

Wow! Sounds like you were able to pack a lot in during your 3-night cruise. We're sailing the 4-night in May and I can't wait! Great report!

Sounds like you had a great trip...Thanks for sharing!

Disneycapecodder - I thought that perhaps the 3 day cruise would somehow not be long enough for a first time cruise, but because of work schedules and extra carricular summer schedules of 3 children, and the desire to do WDW one more time as a family before college starts in another year for the oldest, we opted for the longer stay at WDW, and the shorter cruise. But reading all you were able to do in that 3 day period, I am looking forward to it even more every day. I can't believe in less than 3 months I will be on a cruise ship!! From what I have been reading, Disney does it right (of course). All the tips from everyone have been great, and I have been keeping a list. So glad you had so much fun:cool:

I'm glad you had a great trip! Were the princesses available for autographs more than once? My DD5 loves Sleeping Beauty was she there?:confused: We're going on a 4 day cruise in April. I can't wait!:bounce:

Yay, another Cape Codder! Glad you had a great trip. :D Where on the Cape are you?

Hi

In response t the last 2 posts, we live in Centerville Village on the Cape and love it!

Various Disney characters were present at many times each day of the cruise. Many times though the Navigators did not state which characters would be available. The Navigator did specifically list that the princesses would be available outside of Triton's on our first morning of the Cruise (Nassau day on the 3 night). It did not state which princesses would be present. The princesses were Snow White, Belle and Alice in Wonderland. The princesses also appeared at various times in the Oceaneer Club but I am not sure about the specifics. Most of the princesses also appear in Dreams.

You will get plenty of opportunites to meet the characters on the Cruise. Enjoy!

West Barnstable here!! We are thinking of doing a cruise but I thought 3 days may not be long enough, but it sounds like you guys had a great time. We have a 6&7 year old, sounds like they would love it. We just got back last week from 9 days in Disney, so I have to start softening up hubby for another trip. He already said absolutely no to another Disney land vacation, but may be up for the cruise. Glad you had a good time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter