B resort or Pop Century?

abbyandangel

Mouseketeer
Anyone with experience at both? I got a deal for B resort through Mousesavers which makes it less expensive. How is the sofa bed at the B? Is the room bigger than Pop? Overall price aside which would you choose? We will be driving to the park and have annual pass so that’s not an issue. Last year we stayed at the Doubletree. It was not a very good experience . No hot water for 12 days even though we asked for service on it each day. We would like more room in the room but not at the expense of reasonable comfort.

I haven't stayed at Pop but I have stayed at All Stars Music. The B Resort room was bigger. The sofa bed is the ONLY sofa bed my dd17 finds comfortable (compared to other places we have stayed on site). For that reason, we often stay there. If you're driving to the park and you don't need a fun pool, I would highly recommend the B.

I have a reservation at the B in May and am wondering about the sofa bed. I've read it is more the size of a twin bed instead of a full. Is that accurate? We have 4 kids so we need to sleep two to a bed. Wondering if it will work for 2 kids or if I need to look at the Best Western.
TIA

I would look at the Best Western. The bed isn't as small as a twin but it's not a full either.

I stayed at the B resort in March for 5 days in a two queen room. There is a review I did posted here somewhere. I didn't pull out the sofa bed but from looking at it, I would say it would probably be fine for one person. I was just at Pop for three days in December and while the room was definitely smaller, it was very clean and comfortable. The thing that gave the nod to Pop for me was ease of transportation with the new Skyliner. It was so quick to get to HS or Epcot. I really am a Disney bubble girl as well. That being said, I did enjoy the B and appreciated that it was an easy walk to Disney Springs. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Don't forget that B will probably charge a resort fee and a fee for parking. (although your Mousesavers deal might include free parking- that was the deal we had at the Hilton Orlando in Dec.)

I would look at the Best Western. The bed isn't as small as a twin but it's not a full either.
Thank You! I thought it might be a little small. I would love to stay onsite at Pop but would need two rooms and the cost to stay at either the B or other Disney Springs resorts with the 60 day fast pass is just so much cheaper when your looking to stay on a budget with a family of 6. I appreciate all the feedback, it has helped with my decision. I think I will switch our resort to BW, I know it is a bit dated but mostly just need the extra sleeping space.

I have stayed at both and would return to both, although I think POP is getting a bit overpriced. POP over 40 times and B Resort around 6 times. I would also look in to Hilton Buena Vista Palace, they offer a few different rooms, tower and Island side that will have 2 queens and a sofabed.

Thanks for the input. I upgraded my B reservation to a suite with king size bed. Now we have 2 rooms for $400 less than Pop. Two queens would have been perfect but was told suites only have king beds. We can definitely make this work. Maybe we will even have hot water.

We like The B a lot. The staff is great and anything we need, they do their best to make it happen. The beds are VERY comfortable, we have never had an issue with hot water or water pressure. It is the quietest hotel I've ever stayed at. We have stayed 4 times now in 2 1/2 years and only one time did I hear someone in the hallway. If you get a mousesavers deal, which is how we always book, you really can't beat it. Unless of course you have to stay in the bubble. Being so close to Disney Springs, its bubble enough for us!
And the money we save by staying there is more than enough for frequent Uber/Lyft rides. Even though there is nothing wrong with their bus transportation. Only difference being each bus goes to 2 parks. We're used to it and just plan accordingly.

For those of you who have stayed at the B did you find it not very family friendly and too eclectic? A friend who recently toured it as part of travel agent training told me these things.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter