B spa and Resort

Check out some of the following threads from this forum:
If you are planning on using the bus from the B Resort and Spa to the theme parks, the basics can be found here:
I think one of the most important things to understand about the seven Disney Springs Hotels (which includes the B Resort and Spa) is their location. While they all are one Disney property and within walking distance of Disney Springs, they are also adjacent to Interstate 4. Some people won't care about that fact. For other people, it's a deal-breaker because they don't want to see the "outside" world while at Disney.

This aerial view from Bing Maps shows the location of some of the Disney Springs Hotels. For reference, the hotel in the top right corner is the B Resort and Spa.

disneyspringshotels-vs-i4.jpg

I think one of the most important things to understand about the seven Disney Springs Hotels (which includes the B Resort and Spa) is their location. While they all are one Disney property and within walking distance of Disney Springs, they are also adjacent to Interstate 4. Some people won't care about that fact. For other people, it's a deal-breaker because they don't want to see the "outside" world while at Disney.
And being near the freeway could also be a positive, if you have a car with you and you wanted to go anywhere off-property.

My parents stayed there on a Mousesavers deal in May and really liked it. I would suggest making sure that you are in a "tower" room though. There is a tower and a "garden wing" and I have heard that the garden wing is not as nicely refurbed.

Oh great...the only room showing for the special were 2 queen Chic rooms/ first and second floor. We took it. Wondering if I should call but they said we had to book directly through Mousesavers site. That room is the only type that came up

My parents stayed there on a Mousesavers deal in May and really liked it. I would suggest making sure that you are in a "tower" room though. There is a tower and a "garden wing" and I have heard that the garden wing is not as nicely refurbed.
Just wondering what you mean by not as nicely refurbished. When I look at the room types, they all look the same. And I did go on mousesavers site again and they have all room types available except for the higher floors.

And being near the freeway could also be a positive, if you have a car with you and you wanted to go anywhere off-property.

I agree. My favorite of the seven Disney Springs Hotels is the DoubleTree Suites. That hotel is "above" the B Resort and Spa, just off the picture. It's a great location because it's walking distance to off-site dining locations that don't charge elevated prices for regular food.

Just wondering what you mean by not as nicely refurbished. When I look at the room types, they all look the same. And I did go on mousesavers site again and they have all room types available except for the higher floors.

Be sure to check out the threads I posted. I haven't stayed at the B Resort and Spa (since it was rebranded under that name), but several of our "regulars" have. I don't believe they have reported and marked difference between the tower and the two-story wing buildings.

I believe you are confusing the B Resort and the Wyndham Resort. I myself will probably not return to Wyndham Garden because of the rooms.

Have stayed in multiple rooms in the tower and the lanai wing, and the rooms are exactly the same. As a matter of fact the lanai wing includes rooms facing the pool that have either balconies or private patio with very nice furniture. The patios have direct access to the pool deck. You will also find a few family rooms in the lanai wing that offer bunk beds in lieu of the second bed for those with kids who wish to sleep alone.

It was definitely the B Resort - but I am going on second hand information.

Maybe it wasn't so much the room itself but the location/hallways...all I know is that my mother wouldn't stay there and asked to be moved to a room in the tower. She said she didn't feel comfortable there.

Ive asked this in the transportation board and haven't found out...
Are there any car rental agencies within easy walking distance of this resort, besides Enterprise?
Thanks

Are there any car rental agencies within easy walking distance of this resort, besides Enterprise?

Lots of options. All within walking distance.

disneysprings-hotels-labels.jpg

• DoubleTree Suites Lake Buena Vista: Budget Rent-a-Car
  • Best Western Lake Buena Vista: none
  • Wyndham Lake Buena Vista: Dollar
  • Hilton Buena Vista Palace: Alamo/National
  • Hilton Lake Buena Vista: Avis
  • Holiday Inn Disney Springs: Hertz
  • B Resort and Spa: Enterprise
Sorry, but I don't have the time right now to look up the web sites for each location. If you have trouble finding one, try searching "Lake Buena Vista" instead of "Orlando" on the websites for each company.

Of these locations, I've rented from Budget (once), Avis (5-6 times), and Alamo (10 times). I'd probably give all of these locations a "B+" grade. No real problems with the cars or rentals overall. But, I won't give them a "A" rating because none of the employees I've ever encountered seemed very enthusiastic about their jobs.

I have only stayed at 4 places in or around WDW so don't have alot of experience but I did like staying at the B resort better than staying at ASMu (the only onsite WDW resort I have stayed at). Another place we stayed off-site was nice too because it had a fairly good included breakfast which the B does not, but it was a bit further away so I'll call it a tie between those 2. I thought the B resort had a good vibe with good quality furnishings, etc... I paid less in total at the B even with parking in June than at ASMu without the parking fee in March.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter