Baby on WDW buses

Andrea464

Mouseketeer
We'll be staying on property and normally take the buses to the parks. Our next trip will include a 16 month old.

Do we have to bring a car seat on the buses? How does that work? I have read for the Magic Express you do (but I could be making that up, sleep is a luxury) but what about from the resorts to park?

I know we have the option of taking our personal vehicle but I'm not sure if we will or not (we'll play it by ear and see how baby is behaving at that time and how we're feeling).

Magic express - I've seen babies in car seats and just in the seat with adults
Hotel/Park buses / there isn't anywhere to install a car seat. Just seats and poles/handrails to hold onto

We drove to DW since we live 3 hours away but we tried the bus system with a 6 month old and a 2 year old. I had my 6 month old in a ergo baby during the bus and all and i would have my 2 year old on a seat next to me if possible. I think I only had to stand 1 time with my daughter but other than that i was always sitting.

Driving ourselves was actually easier...the last day we drove in since we were leaving from the park. It was more comfortable and less of a hassle for us. My son didn't always want to sit and wanted to be with dad who was normally standing since he had the double stroller.

Car seats are not allowed on Magical Express or the Disney busses.

We drove to the parks, except MK (staying at WL, that wouldn't have made a whole lot of sense). We took the bus to MK early in the morning and the boat back in the evening.

PP is correct - no car seats allowed on any buses. It's all buses, not just Disney (in case you happen to find yourself on Mears for some reason). If you have your car seat with you, they will stow it below.

Last edited:
You CANNOT use a car seat on DME or the WDW buses.
On DME they must be stored under the coach.
On the resort buses there are no seat belts. Its like a city bus.
You will be holding your child.

Disney busses don't even have seat belts to hook a car seat in with. And be prepared that you may be standing at times.

No car seats on the busses!
But if you are standing on the bus while holding a baby please feel free to pass out stickers saying "I am an inconsiderate pig" to any able bodied adult who is sitting and not offering his/her seat to you.

But if you are standing on the bus while holding a baby please feel free to pass out stickers saying "I am an inconsiderate pig" to any able bodied adult who is sitting and not offering his/her seat to you.

That is another thread all together that goes both ways so I suggest we don't get into that topic on this thread.

Because you can tell who is able bodied just by looking at them?????? :sad2: How about people take responsibility for their families and not get on a full bus if they need a seat? That seems a much smarter choice.

I have a family member who shouldn't stand on the buses, so I have a car rented for our next trip. My family, my responsibility. If I didn't care enough to see to it they were safe and comfortable I would have no business thinking total strangers should care.

Wow, we are defending people who would sit comfortably while a mom or dad with a toddler has to stand?
This is common courtesy. I pay a small fortune to take public transportation most of the week (luckily without my kids) and I always offer my seat if I see someone who needs it more than me.
I am aware that there are people around me who do not, but I think it's important to be considerate of my fellow human beings.

Wow, we are defending people who would sit comfortably while a mom or dad with a toddler has to stand?
This is common courtesy. I pay a small fortune to take public transportation most of the week (luckily without my kids) and I always offer my seat if I see someone who needs it more than me.
I am aware that there are people around me who do not, but I think it's important to be considerate of my fellow human beings.

Yes. Saying that you can tell by looking at someone that they are able bodied and deserving of a nasty card is childish and ignorant. Saying that you expect strangers to care more for the safety of any of your family members than you do is pretty low too, imho. And before you go off on me, I do stand WHEN I AM ABLE. Unfortunately there are days when I can't stand on a moving bus without falling over. But no one should get on a standing room only bus EXPECTING someone to give them a seat. To me that is inconsiderate of your fellow human beings.

You have no way of knowing who is able-bodied and who isn't. Before my husband had back surgery he couldn't not stand on a bus safely. The movement would cause him to fall and at 6'7" 250lbs you would not want to be near him when he did. Unless you looked at his MRI you would not know there was a problem. That trip I had him and an infant. The joke was I was the only one who could walk. Well he could walk using the stroller as his walker bus other than that it was difficult and painful. If we could not get a seat for him we waited for the next bus. Common courtesy dictates you don't assume people around you are in a better situation than you. Common sense dictates that you make adjustments to your response to a situation not expect the world to respond for you.

Yes the intent is that people who are able to stand should let others who are elderly, handicapped, pregnant, or have small children have a seat. Incredibly nasty proposition.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter