Babysitter at resort

Cinderelly911

Mouseketeer
We are going to WDW March 14 to 20th. We have DD 7 and DS 6. We are staying on site. Friends are going to be nearby for their sons baseball but they are not staying on site. The Friday night we want to meet up at Epcot - some adult beverages and the Garden Rocks Concert Series. Option a) their 16year old daughter hangs out at Epcot with our kids while we park ourselves in World Showcase b) their daughter watches our kids at the resort and swims/hangs out in the room. My question is....are either of these options allowed at Disney?

The swimming would be a problem, but hanging out at the park wouldn't be. Only guests of the resort are allowed to swim, meaning people listed on the room reservation.

Yes, they are allowed. About 6 or 7 years ago we used Sittercity or Care.com...I forget which...to locate a babysitter in the WDW area. We stay offsite, so we wanted someone who could come to our rental condo. We found someone who turned out to be wonderful. She has become a family friend and now every trip to WDW includes our kids spending time hanging out with her in the parks (she's a CM too).

As I said, we stay offsite, but on our most recent trip (this past Xmas/New Years), we booked one night at the Dolphin hotel. We wound up not even staying overnight (the kids preferred to go back to our condo), but we did use the pool. At no time were we ever asked to show ID, a room card or anything. We just walked into the pool area. We also toured the Polly just to check it out and walked right into the pool area there too. So maybe they would allow a babysitter to swim with your kids??

If I were you, I would opt for them to be in the park or even just hanging out at the resort---anywhere other than the pool. I would be nervous how close of attention she would be paying to my kids while in the pool. I also don't know how strong of swimmers that your kids are. If you feel like they are responsible in themselves and that you really have 110% confidence in the 16 year-old then maybe it's a different decision. If they were all in Epcot with you---you could have them go out on their own for a bit and then have a planned meet-up time for dinner/snacks which could work out nice too.

Thanks everyone. We have talked and decided to hang out at Epcot together. If the little kids get tired we will get them and the 16year old back to the room and set them up for bed. Then the adults can return to the Epcot if we still feel up to it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!