Back now - great trip!

dlpSteve

Mr Dedicated to DLP
We got back in the early hours of Sunday morning after a fantastic 4 days. Just a few notes...

Phantom Manor - has had an overhaul and is much darker and scarier in places as well as the carriages facing the action more so now.

Lion King Show - we started queuing for the queue 2 hours before the start of the show, which wasn't pleasant in that heat. The show itself was pretty good with some great special affects but not a patch on the full show we had seen in London. I read a report which gushed over the fact that the show was a different story to The Lion King but it is in fact an abridged version of the original Lion Ling story!?

All in all it was great - the weather was amazing and the park wasn't too crowded considering the time we went.

Blue Lagoon is still the best place to eat and we had a table by the water for the evening of my Birthday - we both had the Blue Lagoon Skewer; Red Tuna, Swordfish and King Prawn with Creole Rice - fantastic.

The other two nights we ate in Planet Hollywood (ok, won't go again - far too crowded and food wasn't great) and King Ludwig's (really nice food, quick service and friendly staff). For lunch we ate in Casey's twice - those Hot Dogs with Cheddar Sauce are delicious! We also ate once in the Toy Story Pizza place - horrid lighting but there were no tables outside :(

We saw Tarzan 3 times and it is definitely my favourite DLRP show that I have seen.

We limited goes on the Pirates of the Caribbean to just 8 this time - still the best in the park with a different camera location (as you come down the 2nd drop rather than as you approach the skull) and a few small detail changes.

The Wife was delighted that the Story Book Ride (Les Pays des Contes de Fées) was open (only opens May to September!). They have added a few things since our last visit, like Belle and sheep in Belle's Village.

I got a whole new appreciation for Disney Studios this visit - on my Birthday we started there and did Moteurs Action, Studio Tram Tour and Cinemagique. We returned the next day for Animaique, Aladdin's carpet ride and a 2nd Studio Tram Tour.

Going in the summer makes all the difference and we have vowed never to go in autumn/winter again - we cancelled our October trip as the summer trips are just so so much better.

We also saw our paving stone before the entrance to Disneyland Park and I will scan and upload that later along with some other choice shots.

This was our favourite trip to DLRP so far - fantastic!

Sounds wonderful Steve - glad you had such a great time for your birthday trip.:D Thanks for telling us all about it.

A few photos...

dlrp04.jpg

Our stone near the entrance to the park.

dlrp04a.jpg

Belle's Village in Les Pays des Contes de Fées.

dlrp04b.jpg

Me trying to pull the elephant out of the jeep next to Casey's Corner.

dlrp04c.jpg

Bruce, this has replaced the Bug's Life photo point in Disney Studios.

dlrp04d.jpg

The Lion King display in Central Plaza.

dlrp04e.jpg

The Lion King display in Central Plaza, closer up!

dlrp04f.jpg

A piccie of the castle that came out really well against the deep blue sky.

I was wondering how you were getting on for your birthday trip. Glad you had a great time:jumping1: :jumping1: :jumping1:

However I am disappointed to hear that the Storybook Ride won't be open when I go. Shame on them for closing it!!! That's one ride I'll have to cross off my list.

Great to hear you had such a good time for your birthday! didnt want to hear it was so much better in the summer - we can only go in October :( :D :( :D :( :D we still cant wait for the only halloween i can cope with...a disney one! :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Glad to hear you had a great time, Steve. I go next Monday. I agree about how good it is in the summer, although the advantage of going in October it is usually quieter.

Great report Steve! Your photos are fabulous. I would like one of those stones too :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter