"Back to the Future" Day - 10/21/15

PollyannaMom

I was a click-clack champ!!
Apparently tomorrow is "Back to the Future" Day. I heard it on the radio this morning and was amused, so I looked it up:

In "Back to the Future Part II," Marty McFly travels to October 21, 2015, to save his children, yet to be born in "Back to the Future's" 1985.

The plot gets tangled -- by fixing one thing, McFly and Doc Brown (and the villainous Biff Tannen) create a number of new messes -- but what remains is the film's vision of a year that was still more than a quarter-century away when the movie was shot and released in 1989. The entire trilogy is even being rereleased Wednesday, so you can see for yourself.

(from: http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/20/entertainment/back-to-the-future-day-feat/index.html)

Here's another article on what they got right and wrong:
http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-34569759

The holiday has a Facebook page, too:
https://www.facebook.com/October212015BTTF

Pepsi also announced that it will be selling a very limited number of "Pepsi Perfect" tomorrow via Amazon. In the movie, the latest Pepsi product had vitamins and the like and was called Pepsi Perfect. They are recreating the bottle, making it commemorative, and filling it with regular Pepsi, to sell to those diehard Back to the Future fans. I believe only 6500 will be available.

Back to the Future is my husband's geeky enjoyment. He saw the original movie as a kid and loved it and has loved it since. Quotes the lines and whatknot
Last Christmas I bought him a "electro flux capcitator" phone car charger. Lights up and everything.

Anyways, I say all that to say. Tomorrow night I'm going to have a long night of watching BttF on the big screen. Cinemarks all over the country are doing a triple play of the series for a pretty reasonable price. My geek level doesn't run that high so I'm thinking I can get through the first possibly the second and I'll be done. I'm more excited to see my husband's reaction watching his favorite movies on the big screen.

I plan to watch it tomorrow. Would love to binge watch all 3 but probably won't have time for that.

Only thing I don't want to see come true is that "Cubs win World Series".
No Milwaukee Brewer's fan wants the Cubs to win the World Series, but a Back to the Future Fan sure does.

Hubby and I will be watching BttF2 tomorrow, and eating Pizza Hut take out (not rehydrated though) lol

"Roads? Where we are going we dont need roads." If only that was true of today. Then wouldnt be stuck in road construction projects.

I wish I owned a Dolorean! My favourite line from Back to the Future "Is there a problem with Earth's gravitational pull in the future? Why is everything so heavy" then again I've never been able to think fourth dimensionally. Enjoy Back to the Future day everyone!

ds14 is at the theater now watching a triple feature.

Funny I was picking ds16 (not a big fan of the movies) up at school today and a kid walked by with a cool baseball cap on. We both commented to each other how cool it was...it was iridescent. Later on, I was looking on line and saw it was McFly's cap in the second movie. Neat!
ds14 might be getting one for xmas! (it is $40, though :( )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter