Back Yesterday From HHI

WolfpackFan

Retired and loving every minute of it!!
If this appears twice please excuse me. I thought I posted something last night that never appeared.

We're back from three nights at the HHI resort. Had a fantastic time. We arrived around noon on Sunday and our 1BR unit was ready. We were in unit 1114 just down the hall from the front desk in the main lodge. Our balcony was huge and had a great view overlooking the marsh. We had no complaints about our unit except there was a gap under the shower door that caused some water leaking onto the carpet in the hall outside the bathroom. We let the front desk know and they were going to have someone check on the problem. Didn't really bother us but I was concerned about long-term water damage to the carpet.

Sunday we didn't do much except get settled in - checked out the resort, went to grocery store, etc. Sunday night we ate at Hudson's which was okay (more on this later).

Monday was basically a beach day. It was kind of overcast most of the day and we really enjoyed the beach. Had lunch at the Beach House and it was very good. During afternoon, I left DW and DD25 on beach while I went exploring. Checked out South Beach Marina and then went over to Harbour Town. Monday night we ate at the Crazy Crab at Harbour Town.

Tuesday morning was the highlight of the trip. We did a Dolphin Tour with Captain Scott. It was fantastic. Saw lots of Dolphins and Scott was very interesting. We will definitely do this again. Tuesday afternoon we drove over to Savannah for a few hours. Had lunch at Tony Roma's and then just walked around the riverfront area. After getting back, we went to pool for a couple of hours. We did see lots of chairs with just towels on them but were able to find a couple of chairs together. I can see how this can be a problem however at both the pool and the Beach House. Perhaps the Disney staff could make a periodic announcement during peak times to be more considerate of your fellow members and not save as many chairs.

Tuesday night we did the BBQ at the resort. The food was very good, but we had a heavy rain deluge just as soon as we started to eat. The Disney staff really did a very good job scurring around, moving tables, chairs, food, etc. After eating we drove over to the Celigny shopping area and looked around and then took a walk on the beach. Then we went back to the resort and the party was in full swing at the pool. It looked like everyone was having a great time. We then saw the fireworks which were very good. The fireworks are evidently a big deal as they had security stopping people from entering Shelter Cover and tons of people were over at the marina area watching.

Yesterday we got up and came home via way of Charleston, stopping to look at the Yorktown at Patriot's Point.

We had a great time at the HHI resort and can't wait to go back next March. We are still learning the ropes and finding new places to eat, etc. We've yet to find a seafood place we really are excited about. Our problem is we love seafood - especially North Carolina Calabash style seafood and none of the places we've been to - Old Oyster Factory, Hudsons or Crazy Crab - serve the kind of seafood we like. Crazy Crab comes closests, but I guess we'll keep looking.

Sounds like you had a wonderful time. :cool1:

I'm not exactly sure what type of seafood you're looking for but we dined at the Sea Shack last week down there. Very good and a definate return spot for us.

Thanks for sharing your trip highlights. :)

WolfpackFan said:
Where is the Sea Shack? I don't remember seeing that one.

It's kind of a local place. We wanted to try it because Rachel Ray from the Food Network did a review on it a while back. I also asked around the resort about it. Chef Gordon and Capt. Scott gave it a thumbs up review too.

It's located off of Pope Executive Drive. Pope Drive is the third exit from the traffic circle. Off of that is Pope Executive Drive. It's definately a choice of locals. We went at lunch time and saw a lot of weekly lunch patrons. Not a fancy place by any means but worth the trip.

Hi,

Thanks for sharing!!! Glad you had a good time!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter