Backpack baby carriers

aimb

Mouseketeer
Aside from our stroller, we'll also be taking a backpack baby carrier. What should we do with it when we get on rides? It's pretty big and doesn't fold, so we can't really leave it in the stroller. Besides, I'd hate to have it stolen, and leaving it in or beside the stroller might be too tempting for someone. I'm pretty sure it's too big to take on the ride with us and lay it at our feet. Can we leave it with the ride attendant as we get on the ride and then pick it up when we get off?

It is for this reason that we decided not to bring our backpack carrier. How many kids are you bringing?

If you are shopping for one, you might want to look into the backpack/stroller combo. Kelty makes one. Another company does too. can't remember the name.

You can't leave things where you get on the ride at WDW. Many of the rides have you unload in a different place than where you get on, so you'd never get it back. Have you thought about a sling instead? The sling isn't too bulky to carry, and the baby can even ride the ride while still in the sling.

The only advice I have for the carrier (I am assuming it is one of the frame ones) would be to bring along a bike lock and lock it to the stroller. But that might be more trouble than it is worth. I ordered a carrier from www.onestepahead.com it is more of a side carrier, made by Maws I believe. Holds up to 40 lbs, and folds down to fit in diaper bag. Might check that out, see if it is something that would work for you. I found it under carriers on their site it is called something like EZ carrier. Still waiting for it to arrive for our trip next week, will be using it with a 2 year old who weighs about 30lbs or so. We are also using stroller, but thought this might be nice if she wants to be carried or for waiting in lines.

Thanks to all who responded! We're leaving tomorrow, and I think the backpack carrier will stay home. It looks like we'd have to leave it with the stroller when we go on rides, and I'm not willing to risk having it stolen because it's an expensive model & we use it a lot. We also have a baby bjorn front carrier and a hip carrier, so I guess we could take one of those. My son is only 8 months old and so heavy (23 pounds) which is why the backpack would've been ideal (it puts less strain on our shoulders and back). Oh well.....

r4racing

thanks for the link and advice

I think I'm going to order the baby carrier for our trip

our baby is 19mo and only about 21 lbs but gets heavy when carrying her for 10 days in a row. we use our backpack a lot for the kids around this age however we have brought it to disney before and found it to be more in the way--takes time to get baby in and out and didn't use a lot because of that--mostly it sat in stroller

it may also save a bit of arguing between me and DH as to who is going to carry her---we are leaving in 3 1/2 weeks, hopefully just enough time to order it --thanks again

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter