• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bad Smell at OKW Outside Olivia's

littlestar

DIS Veteran
We just arrived back home from a trip to Disneyworld this afternoon. Yesterday we wanted to take my brother out to eat at one of the Disney restaurants (he was staying at Marriott Grande Vista). We decided to go over to Olivia's at OKW to eat. When we got there, it smelled awful outside the restaurant. It smelled like a dead animal. I told my brother maybe it was fertilizer on some of the plants or something. But we could even smell it a little bit inside the lobby area by the restrooms. We decided to leave and go to Artist Point instead. It never fails. Anytime I brag to my family about a place at Disney I like, something stupid happens. Anybody else just get back and notice the odor outside Olivia's? We even thought maybe a squirrel or rabbit crawled up under the bushes and died :rolleyes:

littlestar said:
We just arrived back home from a trip to Disneyworld this afternoon. Yesterday we wanted to take my brother out to eat at one of the Disney restaurants (he was staying at Marriott Grande Vista). We decided to go over to Olivia's at OKW to eat. When we got there, it smelled awful outside the restaurant. It smelled like a dead animal. I told my brother maybe it was fertilizer on some of the plants or something. But we could even smell it a little bit inside the lobby area by the restrooms. We decided to leave and go to Artist Point instead. It never fails. Anytime I brag to my family about a place at Disney I like, something stupid happens. Anybody else just get back and notice the odor outside Olivia's? We even thought maybe a squirrel or rabbit crawled up under the bushes and died :rolleyes:

For gosh sakes, why didn't you tell me you were coming over! I would have put my shoes back on. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Absolutely!!! We were there 2 weeks ago and it smellt like a dead rat! I am surprised the smell is still lingering for this long and no-one has fixed it.

Just curious - did anyone ask one of the cm's innoncently what that strange smell was?

In our part of the world you get that smell when you put fresh mulch on plant beds, and it lasts about 2 weeks.

No one asked what the smell was. It smelled like road kill. We just decided to leave and eat at Artist Point instead.

gasa - Wow, two weeks ago and you guys smelled it, too. It was still really strong when we were there on Friday. We wondered if an animal had died and crawled up underneath the bushes. Definitely not a good advertisement for Olivia's. I was bragging to my brother about the buttermilk chicken breasts. I don't think he believed me :rotfl:

We noticed the smell outside Olivia's this past week at Old Key West. We couldn't identify it (not that we wanted to sniff too hard). I thought it smelled like old garbage-like a dumpster. It wasn't horrible, just noticeable.

We just got home from 16 nights at OKW yesterday. I noticed a bad smell around the pool, it smelt like drains to me. It was not nice- but OKW was fab. We had a wonderful time and would not hesitate to stay there again.

Where do we post DVC trip reports now? We have been away for 3 weeks in total (AKL then OKW) so I have missed the conclusion of the DVC Community board debate.

Thanks
Mandy ::MinnieMo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter