Bahamas Port Excursions

Mrsktbrown

Mouseketeer
We’re taking our first cruise in January and stopping in the Bahamas. I’ve been looking at the Atlantis dolphin excursion, but I’m wondering if somewhere like the Blue Lagoon will have a more ‘Bahamas’ feel. Has anyone done one or both and really loved it?? Thank you!

We've done Blue Lagoon twice.
The first was our honeymoon in October 2002. We did the dolphin thing, had their (not that great) luncheon (no longer included in the excursion), then lounged in hammocks and walked in the little beachy area. It was sunny and warm and nice.
We just went again in June with our 7 year old daughter with us. We did our dolphin thing, then waited until the ferry came back for us because it was raining buckets!
I don't know that it feels "Bahamian". More "touristy", I guess. Hopefully somebody has more insight from a recent, non-downpouring day!

We have not done both, just the Blue Lagoon. I thought it had a nice Bahamian vibe. Boat ride out there. Quaint beach setting. I don't know- Atlantis seems big and busy to me. It was awesome to meet one of these beautiful animals up close and we had a great time.

We do the Fort and Junkanoo Tour. The forts are nothing to write home about, but the Queen's Staircase and the Junkanoo museum are a highlight of the trip for me. Junkanoo screams Bahamas to me. We then usually spend the rest of the time in port in the Straw Market and Starbucks. (both just a couple of blocks to walk from the ship.)

We've only done Blue Lagoon - the dolphin encounter. We've done the dolphin swim in Cozumel and thought that was more fun than the encounter. But we did like the island and the boat ride. Unfortunately we didn't have much time in port so didn't get to spend time on the beach.

We've also done the walking tour - http://www.frommers.com/destinations/new-providence/walking-tours - which we really enjoyed.

And a couple of times we've done the day pass at the Hilton - http://www.resortforaday.com/British-Colonial-Hilton-Day-pass-p/nsnabcha.htm - a couple of times. Walking distance from the ship and you can walk through town/the straw market on the way there/back.

Some day we might get to Atlantis but agree with ladyofthetramp that it seems big and busy. We've enjoyed all of our excursions in Nassau.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!