Bakery outside of disney

margot31

DIS Veteran
So as of right now (as long as the navy keeps on a good schedule) we will be in Disney in Oct to celebrate my daughters 1st birthday and my son's 3rd birthday and my 3rd anniversary of my 30th's birthday. We want to get them a mickey/minnie cake or something for them.

While I could order probably through disney special celebration site I was hoping not to spend a huge fortune. My other thought is we just get cupcakes in the parks but wanted to look at other options too.

Any idea's where to start.

We will be staying at WBC and have 2 cars with us since we don't live far. So going to the store is not an issue. I looked at publix website but we also don't want something huge since it will only be 3 adults and 2 kids.

What about a cake from Publix?

We regularly get cakes from there for celebrations here at home.

If you need a theme, and you can order 24 hours in advance, the cakes from Walmart are VERY good. There are plenty around in the area. Also, you may find one already decorated that you may like. If you really aren't looking for huge and extravagant, I would look at Walmart or Publix.

So as of right now (as long as the navy keeps on a good schedule) we will be in Disney in Oct to celebrate my daughters 1st birthday and my son's 3rd birthday and my 3rd anniversary of my 30th's birthday. We want to get them a mickey/minnie cake or something for them.

While I could order probably through disney special celebration site I was hoping not to spend a huge fortune. My other thought is we just get cupcakes in the parks but wanted to look at other options too.

Any idea's where to start.

We will be staying at WBC and have 2 cars with us since we don't live far. So going to the store is not an issue. I looked at publix website but we also don't want something huge since it will only be 3 adults and 2 kids.

Publix has cakes of many sizes, so you don't need to order a giant one. They also have some ready to go of various sizes.

They have cupcakes as well.

There are a couple of cupcake places at Disney Springs that are excellent, but $$$ compared to Publix.

Thanks for the ideas. I was googling the desserts at the disney parks and might just get a cupcake for each kid for what ever day we celebrate. Its a birthday/first trip trip anyway. Kids don't need sugar every day.

Thanks for the ideas. I was googling the desserts at the disney parks and might just get a cupcake for each kid for what ever day we celebrate. Its a birthday/first trip trip anyway. Kids don't need sugar every day.
I believe that the kids can customize their own birthday cupcakes at Sprinkles in Disney Springs...maybe someone can confirm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts