Ballpark wait time for direct points from SSR

Don't wait for your guide to call you back, if you really want the points, keep calling and emailing your guide once a week.

Squeaky wheel gets the oil!

Thanks! Just hoping for my points before my 7 month window for late June opens. So I have awhile. But I’ll keep that in mind.

Don't wait for your guide to call you back, if you really want the points, keep calling and emailing your guide once a week.

Squeaky wheel gets the oil!

I don’t like to be a pest but this is my plan of attack.

Maybe we need a direct points wait time thread?

Thanks! Just hoping for my points before my 7 month window for late June opens. So I have awhile. But I’ll keep that in mind.

I am on a similar time frame. It would be nice to have a reservation made but our June trip is a “nice to have” not something we originally had planned. If we get the points we are going, if not we are waiting until January 2020.

Calling up your guide to try and buy very expensive points in a timeshare, shouldn't be considered pestering anyone......

I agree with you but I am just not one of those people who normally “squeaks.” I hated asking for status while in ROFR but when it got to the fourth time I finally had to “squeak.” :) I honestly hate it when people bug me for status at work so I really don’t like to do that to other people but this is a totally different scenario. He will get my weekly follow-up email although with SSR and a December use year I have a feeling he won’t get many of them.

I am going to consider a different resort but I just don’t know if that is the direction we want to go. I would love BLT but I don’t love the price per point direct. Maybe our next add will be resale BLT once we get these direct points bought.

I am on a similar time frame. It would be nice to have a reservation made but our June trip is a “nice to have” not something we originally had planned. If we get the points we are going, if not we are waiting until January 2020.

At 7 months you can also buy up to 24 OTU (one time use) points. They are currently $17/pt. (Don't know how many you need for your ressie...just throwing it out there).

Last I heard BLT has quite the lengthy waitlist, but Dec and Feb are easier UY than most others (in general and esp at BLT)

IMO the guides have changed over the years. Disney now seems to hire some from other timeshare companies and some seem to lie more than others.

:earsboy: Bill

I can confirm this is what we encountered in April this year (Aulani). The whole experience was a seamlessly orchestrated operation - the silver haired guide sharing Disney trivia while booking the tour at the Waikiki display centre. The extra van driven by the aulani dvc operations manager himself that turned up the next morning (we were expecting a shared bus with stops at 2 other hotels) "so the twins from the big family don't have to wait", correct carseats already installed for said twins, orchid lei's, treats, Aulani restaurant that catered for anaphylactic food allergies… oh I still feel a little bad they didn't make a sale that day!

At the point when we were delivered to the sales room, we probably would have bought100-250pt if the guide was even half as magically competent as anyone else we encountered that day. She was ex-Hilton with 15 years at the Hilton Hawaiian village. Burnt out and going through the script. The contradictions and skirtings around direct questions straight away elephant-hosed the pixie dust from our eyes (a lot of the things she said that sounded fishy were direct lies).

And here I am with you fine people :)

Last edited:

We are definitely going in June 2019, but are planning on skipping 2020 to let the Star Wars craziness die down a bit. 2019 will also be our last trip before our youngest turns 3, so we want one more trip without paying for her, and we’ll take a year off once she’s 3.

We’re only a family of 4, but if we get the 25-30 extra points this year, my plans is to use them and borrow from 2020’s points to stay in a 1 bedroom for at least part of the trip. So we’ll still go without the extra points, but we’d do a OKW or SSR studio instead of a 1 bed.

Decided to go with either OKW or SSR and emailed my guide this morning to let him know. I still want the Dec use year and the same number of points. I hope for a quick turnaround with this one.

Decided to go with either OKW or SSR and emailed my guide this morning to let him know. I still want the Dec use year and the same number of points. I hope for a quick turnaround with this one.

Good luck and keep me posted! I’ll let you know when I hear about my 25-30 at OKW or SSR, Feb UY.

Good luck and keep me posted! I’ll let you know when I hear about my 25-30 at OKW or SSR, Feb UY.
Didn’t even get a reply to my email. Hmmm now if I were responsible for selling stuff that costs as much as this does I would certainly respond to customer emails. Maybe he was out sick so i will give him a pass this time.:)

Last edited:
Didn’t even get a reply to my email. Hmmm now if I were responsible for selling stuff that costs as much as this does I would certainly respond to customer emails. Maybe he was out sick so i will give him a pass this time.
My guide, when I added on CCV last week, was not in until Tuesday. I emailed her like Friday and didnt hear back until around 2pm Tuesday. So maybe your guide works same hours.

Officially, guides are not allowed to use email for sales orders. It's a legal thing, nothing in writing that could bite them in the butt later.

Officially, guides are not allowed to use email for sales orders. It's a legal thing, nothing in writing that could bite them in the butt later.

I didn’t get a phone call either :). I figure he was out sick or busy. We will see if I get a response tomorrow. I know I am just being unreasonably impatient. After spending about 6 months in the resale process I guess I can wait a day for a return call or email. :flower1:

We finally got our resale contract closed and our membership is in Disney’s system as-of today. There was no way I was caving to buy direct points for our initial purchase but we know we want more points. After comparing prices for small contracts direct vs resale we decided to buy some direct points. I know everything is fluid but what have people experienced with wait times when buying points direct? I know it varies by resort but I would think with the amount of SSR buybacks the wait should be quick. What are your thought?
I’ve bought direct points twice for BWV within the last two years and only waited 3-4 weeks each time despite warnings it might take much longer.

FYI -- when buying a sold out resort direct, you have the best chance of getting points on the FIRST day of your UY. So if your UY is OCT -- call them on october 1st. This is because they are not allowed to sell contracts until the points are available on the contract.

For example, it's very likely they have an SSR OCT contract RIGHT NOW...but if it has zero points for 2017, they can't sell it until the 2018 UY starts. So it will sit in a pile waiting before it can be sold.

FYI -- when buying a sold out resort direct, you have the best chance of getting points on the FIRST day of your UY. So if your UY is OCT -- call them on october 1st. This is because they are not allowed to sell contracts until the points are available on the contract.

For example, it's very likely they have an SSR OCT contract RIGHT NOW...but if it has zero points for 2017, they can't sell it until the 2018 UY starts. So it will sit in a pile waiting before it can be sold.
I really hope it doesn’t take until Dec 1 to buy direct.

I really hope it doesn’t take until Dec 1 to buy direct.

I’m Feb, and all my guy said was, “it shouldn’t take very long. I’ll give you a call soon.” I can’t imagine he possibly meant February 1. But we’ll see. I’ll still keep my eye on resale listings just in case.

Bigger resorts like SSR and AKV have a much better chance at getting the waitlist filled faster.

Bcv/VGF/VGC can take a while.

My guide called today and has my 25 points. He said he has both OKW and SSR. Which to choose??? I’m leaning towards SSR bc what good would 25 pts be at a different home resort? But, we’d have an extra 3 years with those 25 points, so there’s that.

I’m going to call him back this afternoon with my decision.

But just wanted to let you know, Renee. Hopefully your points will be in soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter