Banked and Current points question

stephk1981

DIS Veteran
I have 2 reservations for August, one for the first week, one for the last. Neither are at my home resort and made after 7 month window. One was using banked points the other current UY points. Unfortunately the one want to cancel is the reservation that used my banked points. If I do that, will MS switch the reservation points to use my banked points and not my current UY points? I would like to bank the points since the other reservations we have for the year are with cash.Thanks for any help!

As long as you cancel the one with banked points first, you can do it yourself online,

Once the banked points are back in your account, go into the other reservation, and modify it, Don’t change a thing and follow all the way through to the end and rebook it.

Even if it doesn’t look like it will take the banked points it will. If your membership has more than one contract, just make sure all contracts with banked points are checked when doing this!

As long as you cancel the one with banked points first, you can do it yourself online,

Once the banked points are back in your account, go into the other reservation, and modify it, Don’t change a thing and follow all the way through to the end and rebook it.

Even if it doesn’t look like it will take the banked points it will. If your membership has more than one contract, just make sure all contracts with banked points are checked when doing this!
So it will give me the option to then use the banked points? Or I modify/ search for new availability and my current BWV reservation will pop up as available and then just continue to book and it does it on its own? Sorry! Thank you!

Yup! Go through the modification process,,,what you have booked shows up..choose to book it, follow through to the end, and the system will automatically pull the banked points,

Sometimes, it doesn’t look like it will..not sure why, but once you complete it and go back and check, it does indeed put the bsnked points in and frees up current UY points!

Yup! Go through the modification process,,,what you have booked shows up..choose to book it, follow through to the end, and the system will automatically pull the banked points,

Sometimes, it doesn’t look like it will..not sure why, but once you complete it and go back and check, it does indeed put the bsnked points in and frees up current UY points!
Amazing! Thank you so very much🙂

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!