• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Banking points question...

Debbru

DIS Veteran
Can I bank points before I get them?

Here's the scenario:
We have a June UY. We would like to book a cruise with points for November 2008. We'll need to bank our June 07 points into our June 08 UY and use them along with our June 08 points. Do I have to wait until 6/1/07 to bank the points & book the cruise or can I bank the points now (before we get them) and book?

Hope this made sense :-)

Debbie

I have a June use year, with a few points left in my upcoming 2007 use year. They wouldn't let me bank them until 6-1-07.

Can I bank points before I get them?

Here's the scenario:
We have a June UY. We would like to book a cruise with points for November 2008. We'll need to bank our June 07 points into our June 08 UY and use them along with our June 08 points. Do I have to wait until 6/1/07 to bank the points & book the cruise or can I bank the points now (before we get them) and book?

Hope this made sense :-)

Debbie

You cannot bank your points until you actually have them. So I don't know what you would do in this sutuation, you would want to actually book the cruise ASAP.:confused3

Thanks for the answers -- now another question...

Could I book the cruise now for cash and after 6/1/07 switch it to points? Or would I have to cancel it with DCL and rebook with DVC (in which case it would not be of any benefit to book now?)

Or...Can I book now using '08 points and borrowed '09 points?

Thanks for any advice,
Debbie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter