Bar and/or Lounge recommendations

maospt

Earning My Ears
Planning a couples trip and want to do things we have never done with trips with kids. What are some of the favorite bar and/or lounges around parks and resorts. We have one week there in November of 2020, so plenty of time to try some new spots.

Great topic; here is my personal list of favorites in no particular order:
- Crew's Cup Lounge (Yacht Club)
- Trader Sam's Grog Grotto/Tiki Terrace (outside) (Poly)
- Enchanted Rose (outside patio) (Grand Floridian)
- Geyser Point (Wilderness Lounge)
- Jock Lindsay's (Disney Springs)
- Boathouse (outdoor bar) (Disney Springs)
- California Grill (bar area) (Contemporary)

We had a great time at the Abracadabra bar the servers were fantastic and the places is full of fun things to look at. Plus it's on the Boardwalk which is a fun and a beautiful place to take a stroll.
We also had a lot of fun at Jock Lindsey's, again, they had tons of fun things to look at and the drinks were good and nicely themed.

On the flip side, didn't love Crew's Cup. It was way too crowded, we had to stand around, sipping our drinks while we waited for a table. Some people were trying to eat, while others were playing card games. It was an odd dumping ground for people waiting to eat at Yachtsmans.

Nomad’s Lounge (AK)
La Cava del Tequila (Epcot)
HBD Lounge (HS)
Ale & Compass Lounge (YC)
Geyser Pointe (WL)

I’m sad we didn’t make it to Baseline at HS in our last trip. It was on my list!

I don't see it mentioned and I think this is a hidden gem, but the rooftop of paddle fish is amazing.

You have an amazing view of the whole disney springs. On a nice night its great. You sit outside on the top deck of the boat. I seem to remember a key lime martini with graham cracker on the rim of the glass that was pretty great.

When I imagine my next disney trip, that is the spot that gets me with the tingles.

We like Crew's Cup but as someone else mentioned it can get really crowded, especially around peak dinner time when people are waiting for a table at Yachtsman. Ale & Compass lounge might be a good alternative at Yacht Club but we haven't been since the remodeling. We liked Jock Lindsey's, Boathouse dock lounge and Baseline.

On edit, forgot to mention The Wave lounge as a pretty good place to get food and a drink. Thought the lounge outside 'Ohana was WAY too crowded every time we've been in the area. Didn't particularly care for the lounge at Animal Kingdom lodge--super limited food menu.

Last edited:
Planning a couples trip and want to do things we have never done with trips with kids. What are some of the favorite bar and/or lounges around parks and resorts. We have one week there in November of 2020, so plenty of time to try some new spots.
In no particular order:

- Sci-Fi Tune-In Lounge (HS) - handcrafted (margarita) drinks to-go.
- Private Cabana - https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/cabanas-overview/
- A seat at CA Grill/Narcoossee's bar - when everyone else has stepped outside to see the fireworks.
- Roomservice.:rolleyes1
- Nomad Lounge (AK). Exotic twists for most of us.
- Casey's (MK) - grab a hotdog....while enjoying live piano player.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/entertainment/magic-kingdom/caseys-corner-pianist/- Paddlefish (DS) - cocktails atop the boat includes a unique view for 'people watching'
- Sanaa - grab a cocktail and roam the resort to enjoy the many animal viewing spots.
- Tutto Gusto Wine Bar (EP) - small plates....and wine.....
- France (EP) - grab pastry (and/or ice cream) & Champagne
- BlueZoo - Swan & Dolphin Signatures are 'a cut above' Disney run places. Great lounge at BlueZoo.
- Shula's - chocolate souffle for dessert....at the bar.....enough for 2-people to share.

Last edited:
My hubby and I love the lounges for eating and relaxing and we utilize those practically more than table service because they have had many lasting happy memories for us. Our favorites are:
Nomad Lounge(AK) love their bread service, cheese board and sliders with yucca fries
Hollywood Brown Derby Lounge(HS) love their red sangria and their sliders(used to be wagyu beef ones but now the menu has changed and it says filet mignon) and their cheese board is awesome too.
Tiki Terrace(outside on the patio of the Poly right behind Trader Sams) love their pork sliders and the pork tacos and the flatbread isnt shabby either, the drinks are great and the atmosphere is a great relaxed vibe, plus usually no line like Trader Sams)
California Grill Lounge(we usually show up early at 5 and have our pick of the lounge area) you dont need reservations for their lounge and they serve the whole restaurant menu. We love the pepperoni flatbread/pizza as well as almost anything on the menu.
Also like Victoria Lounge and Sanaa Lounge at the 2 AK buildings

Forgot about Tutto Gusto. Nice lounge, although they are even more overpriced than most Disney places. The lounge at Brown Derby usually gets good reviews but we've never been able to find a seat. Rose & Crown pub is a decent place for a drink but also tough to get a seat.

Bars and lounges. My favorite topic :drinking1 My husband and I generally do one evening without our daughter and it always includes some lounge hopping. Our current favorites are....

Nomad's Lounge - Hands down my favorite place on property as it is so relaxing and you feel miles away from a theme park. Their drinks are fantastic (Annapurna Zing is my favorite) as is the food. You can also order appetizers from Tiffins.

Geyser Point/Territory Lounge - Both are great options at Wilderness Lodge

BlueZoo - At the Dolphin and they have a rare happy hour at Disney

Wine Bar George - They have an amazing wine selection and great food pairings. Great place to just sip some wine and enjoy. They also have outdoor seating on their second level which is good for some Disney Springs people watching

Jiko/Sanaa - Both have small lounges where you can have some of their amazing food without having to worry about a reservation

Geyser Point - really good for a relaxing lunch on an MK day and the food is WAY better than any QS in MK.
Nomad Lounge - afternoon drinks when AK gets hot, which still happens in Nov.
Brown Derby Lounge - HS, oh the best flights and people watching. Great service.
Hole in the Wall - the outside bar for Raglan Road has wonderful happy hour pricing that lasts basically all afternoon.

We do a no-kids trip with bars and lounges a few times a year. Totally different Disney.

Lots of great suggestions here - will just add another vote for Nomad Lounge, our absolute favorite. Also love Victoria Falls in AKL (hidden away on its own floor, on the way down to Jiko, but open air so you still hear all the ambient noise from the lobby and below), Abracadabar on the Boardwalk. I also highly recommend Capa in The Four Seasons, which is on Disney property and only a short car/cab ride away. Their view from their large 17th floor terrace is beautiful, and the food and drinks are exceptional. You can get a similar experience at California Grill, I just like Capa a bit better.

Enjoy! Our trips for the last 5 years have been adult only. Its different, but equally good.
Our favorites:
Nomad lounge
Victoria Falls Animal Kingdom Lodge
Tutto Gusto Italy
Trader Sams
Abracadabar
Winebar George
Baseline Taproom
The pub in England

Many of the others may be good as well, but we haven't tried them, so can't compare.

Bars and lounges. My favorite topic :drinking1 My husband and I generally do one evening without our daughter and it always includes some lounge hopping. Our current favorites are....

Nomad's Lounge - Hands down my favorite place on property as it is so relaxing and you feel miles away from a theme park. Their drinks are fantastic (Annapurna Zing is my favorite) as is the food. You can also order appetizers from Tiffins.

BlueZoo - At the Dolphin and they have a rare happy hour at Disney
it was actually @kastoney reviews that got us hooked on Nomad.

We stumbled into Bluezoo one night during happy hour. It was very quiet and we struck up conversation with the bartender. He made some unique things for my husband to try out new drinks- he didn’t charge us for being guinea pigs lol The deals were amazing and the drinks are delicious!

Crockets Tavern at fort wilderness campground is our absolute favorite. The weather in November will be perfect if you want to just use the walk up counter and take your drinks to go to enjoy on the rocking chairs of the porch that surround the tavern/trails end. If you time it right you could watch the electrical water pageant from the shore of the marina area at the fort with a drink in your hand.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter