BC 2BR Handicap units

senecabeach

Have a Disney Day !!!
Has anyone ever stayed @ a BC 2 BR HU??

Can you tell me where they are??

I have a reservation in May and requested an EPCOT view. My companion is mobility impaired and uses an ECV. Are we better off requesting a handicap unit?? How about the view?

on the DVC Board...lots of help...and if you think you'll need the roll on shoer, and other accessible amenities, then yes, you should request an accessible unit...

The king bedroom portion of the villa will have the jacuzzi tub...

Enjoy!!:sunny:

We have not stayed in an accessible unit, but when DH and I stayed at BCV in July, we did ask about them at the DVC model. From what we were told, they are not in any particular area, but are scattered throughout the resort.
If your friend needs a roll in shower and raised seat toilet, you need an accessible unit. Otherwise, a regular 2 bedroom unit will probably do just fine.
(If you need to, you can rent a raised toilet seat and a bath bench from the some of the same medical equipment companies that rent ecvs - Walker, Care and Colonial.)
If you are staying on DVC points, you can contact Member Services with your questions. If you are renting like a regular hotel room thru Disney, you can contact WDW Resort Special Reservations:
(407) 939-7807
(407) 939-7670 [TTY]
They will be able to answer your questions about location and amenities.

Originally posted by SueM in MN
We have not stayed in an accessible unit, but when DH and I stayed at BCV in July, we did ask about them at the DVC model. From what we were told, they are not in any particular area, but are scattered throughout the resort.
If your friend needs a roll in shower and raised seat toilet, you need an accessible unit. Otherwise, a regular 2 bedroom unit will probably do just fine.

Wellll, I hate to be argumentative but,......

An ECV will not fit through many regular doors and , if they do, the regular units often are built with a funny-shaped entry that prevents an ECV from passing into the rest of the unit...

If you get a regular unit you are taking a chance that the entry will not be accessible either because the door is not activated by a key-activated automatic door opener or because of a step-up at the threshold.
Go for the accessible unit.

I ended up in a non accessible unit once and the doorways were just as wide as the ones in the accessible unit ( also have been in an accessible unit). I had no trouble maneuvering throughout all the spaces both living room and bedoom/bathroom in my chair, however I had trouble in the kitchen due to it's small space. I couldn't use the tub- it had no rails. We had been moved there due to the rooms at YC having totally unaccessible bathrooms. I am also a DVC owner and feel that the units at OKW are the best for me due to the proximity of parking and the more spacious units. Although I don't use an ECV, with all the attachments on the back of my chair it is the same length and thus takes up alot of space.===Kathy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter