BCV Air Mattress Question

BEACHCLUBVILLAS

Mouseketeer
We are staying in a 2BR with 7 people that include 5 adults and 2 children age 2 and 7months. The 2 adults and 2 children will stay in the studio side. We need an air mattress for the living room for 1 adult and the other will sleep on the sleep sofa. Will BCV provide an air mattress if requested? We're flying in and don't want to check an additional bag for the air mattress. Ideas please.

You could always get one shipped to you from Amazon or something to be at the resort. But I am curious if I understand correctly what's going on because this is the sleeping info that is published on the BCV website:

1 King Bed and 2 Queen Beds and 1 Double-Size Pull Down Bed or 1 King Bed and 2 Queen Beds and 1 Queen-Size Sleeper Sofa

When you say they will take the studio side, I imagine a studio-- which would be 1 Queen Bed and a Sleeper Sofa. However, the way these configurations read, this isn't the way the rooms work. (In other words, it doesn't seem like BCV has lock-offs? Maybe?) I would imagine (with a little one myself) that the family would be very happy and able to share the king-size bed. They could add 2 pack and plays to that room for the kiddos or they could have the 2 year old in their bed. Then, the 2nd bedroom would have 2 beds and you would also have the pull down. (ETA if the 2 year old is too big for a pack and play, they can add a bed rail to the king size bed OR any portable mattress you get could be WAY smaller than a blow-up mattress for an adult.)

In case I completely misunderstood what I'm reading, any chance any 2 of the remaining 3 adults could share a king sized bed?? I really don't like sharing a bed with anyone but my husband but if my only option was a blow up mattress (on vacation!) I would make a pillow boundary and sleep in long PJs. :)

Last edited:
I would imagine (with a little one myself) that the family would be very happy and able to share the king-size bed. They could add 2 pack and plays to that room for the kiddos or they could have the 2 year old in their bed. Then, the 2nd bedroom would have 2 beds and you would also have the pull down.

In case I completely misunderstood what I'm reading, any chance any 2 of the remaining 3 adults could share a king sized bed?? I really don't like sharing a bed with anyone but my husband but if my only option was a blow up mattress (on vacation!) I would make a pillow boundary and sleep in long PJs. :)

Of course, I know some families have a Queen or King of Sheba that would like both the jacuzzi (scratch that, SOAKING TUB) AND a king-sized bed all to themselves. And who am I to judge. We must all bow to our benefactors and elders. :) I would just think that if you could avoid having an air mattress clogging up the floor space, it would be great to try to avoid it at all costs.

Last edited:

BCV has both lock-off and dedicated 2BR units. Both are booking categories. The second bedroom in a dedicated will have the murphy bed, I do not believe.

BCV has both lock-off and dedicated 2BR units. Both are booking categories. The second bedroom in a dedicated will have the murphy bed, I do not believe.
AH. I forgot about the murphy bed. I've been digging for info since this was posted and this seems clearly right, so I'm sure OP knows they are in a lock-off and they are planning on putting the 2 year old on the murphy bed (though that does squander a bed in the studio). But why in the WORLD would they specify on the website that there is a queen sleeper sofa in one (I assume the dedicated) and then NOT specify that one of the queens they are referring to in the lock-off is a sleeper sofa??? Hmm. I have too much time on my hands to be so invested and confused by this!! hahaha :)

OP - DVC resorts do not provide additional sleeping "beds". You would have to ship or bring along an air bed.

Of course, I know some families have a Queen or King of Sheba that would like both the jacuzzi (scratch that, SOAKING TUB) AND a king-sized bed all to themselves. And who am I to judge. We must all bow to our benefactors and elders. :) I would just think that if you could avoid having an air mattress clogging up the floor space, it would be great to try to avoid it at all costs.

For OP there are still plenty of sleeping spaces should the choose without having to share the King bed should they wish.

Here's the accommodations at BCV and matches the descriptions on the member website:

Dedicated 2BR - has a King bed in the master, a queen sleeper sofa in the living area and 2 queen beds in the second bedroom. Sleeping space for 8 ppl.

Lock-off 2BR (and all DVC's have a lock-off option) - King bed in the master, queen sleeper sofa in the living area, queen bed, double sleeper sofa and single murphy bed in the studio side (2nd bedroom). To quote exactly for the lock-off: "1 king-size bed, 1 queen-size bed, 1 queen-size sleeper sofa, 1 double-size sleeper sofa, 1 single pull-down bed (29" x 67") ". So I'm not certain what website you are referencing as not describing that.

Lock-off 2BR (and all DVC's have a lock-off option) - King bed in the master, queen sleeper sofa in the living area, queen bed, double sleeper sofa and single murphy bed in the studio side (2nd bedroom). To quote exactly for the lock-off: "1 king-size bed, 1 queen-size bed, 1 queen-size sleeper sofa, 1 double-size sleeper sofa, 1 single pull-down bed (29" x 67") ". So I'm not certain what website you are referencing as not describing that.

My understanding is that ONLY 2 adults and 2 children would share the studio and the remaining 3 adults do not want to share beds. In a lock-off there are only 2 beds left, even if they are big enough to share.

Hence why I suggested switching the family of 2 adults and 2 kids to the master bedroom with the king. They lose the pull down for the 2-year old but they have 3 remaining beds to distribute among the adults.

And ETA I pulled that description directly off the Disney website, though not through the DVC page admittedly. Clearly my error.

My understanding is that ONLY 2 adults and 2 children would share the studio and the remaining 3 adults do not want to share beds. In a lock-off there are only 2 beds left, even if they are big enough to share.

Hence why I suggested switching the family of 2 adults and 2 kids to the master bedroom with the king. They lose the pull down for the 2-year old but they have 3 remaining beds to distribute among the adults.

And ETA I pulled that description directly off the Disney website, though not through the DVC page admittedly. Clearly my error.

For resorts that have Dedicated 2BR options I don't think that CRO offers the 2BR lock-off accommodation. They do seem to indicate that the living area sofa could be either a double or a queen though which probably isn't correct but maybe some doubles crept in.

I was skipping the Queen/King of Sheba scenario......

For several years we have had a air mattress sent from amazon the resort.
We get one for about 50 bucks and leave it for the mouse keepers who are always happy.

To be accurate we normally stay at a Marriott before DVC and have it sent there . I think dvc now charges a fee for each parcel delivered to the resort .

There is no charge at the Marriott's for packages

For resorts that have Dedicated 2BR options I don't think that CRO offers the 2BR lock-off accommodation. They do seem to indicate that the living area sofa could be either a double or a queen though which probably isn't correct but maybe some doubles crept in.

I was skipping the Queen/King of Sheba scenario......

What is CRO? I thought I knew all the acronyms! And yeah, I mean, my family wouldn't give an entire king sized master suite to one adult traveling with 6 others BUT maybe they are the ones paying for the whole thing? Or they are just very private and picky? Didn't mean to make it sound mocking just how I abbreviated that rooming scenario in my head. :) Those rooms are GREAT but knowing they will have at least one Pack and Play set up you are starting to get a little crowded and floor space is premium.

What is CRO? I thought I knew all the acronyms! And yeah, I mean, my family wouldn't give an entire king sized master suite to one adult traveling with 6 others BUT maybe they are the ones paying for the whole thing? Or they are just very private and picky? Didn't mean to make it sound mocking just how I abbreviated that rooming scenario in my head. :) Those rooms are GREAT but knowing they will have at least one Pack and Play set up you are starting to get a little crowded and floor space is premium.

CRO was Central Reservations Office. Actually that's been changed and is now Disney Reservation Center but CRO is generally the one still used on the boards to refer to cash reservations on the Disneyworld website.

And yes, I'd guess that the person in the king bedroom likely is paying for it and is the DVC owner. Or they may be the "elder" and the family wants them to have the master vs sleep on a sofa bed.

Last edited:
What about ordering an air mattress from Walmart? They are about $8, then throw in delivery fees and the resort's package fees.

Alternatively, ask the resort for a mattress topper for the sofabed. When we requested this from Saratoga Springs, they arrived in two pieces that we pieced together and covered with a bedsheet. One adult could take the topper and place it on the ground as a "mattress". The topper is very thick and should be quite comfortable enough (I have done this for camping).

And yes, I have been the family to give the master to one adult traveling with a party of 8. We were a group of:
- DH and myself (paying for the bulk of trip)
- my DD16
- my DS14 (he's about 5'4)
- my brother, SIL, and their 3 yr old
- my father (who also contributed a little towards the trip)

I absolutely did not want my father on the sofabed (although he offered) and it just wasn't comfortable for anyone to share a room with him. So we divvied up like this:

Living room - DH and myself on the sofabed, DS14 had an air mattress but was comfortable with two sofa cushions pushed together to make a mattress (I had brought a fitted sheet) so we didn't bother to blow up the air mattress
Studio with 2 beds - my brother and SIL, my 3yr old niece and my DD16 on the other bed
Master suite - my father

We were there for 2 weeks and my father was only there for one week though. So DH and I took the master suite the rest of the time and my two teens slept in the living room. I did think about giving my SIL the master suite so we could have the living room as common space - but frankly, we liked sleeping separate from our teens so insisted our teens have the living room.

That said, DH and I were comfortable in the living room :) I know SSR has a tight living room, but there was sufficient space for all of us and we left the sofabed unfolded and DS's makeshift bed out the entire time. Our only complaint is the complete lack of any type of closet space in the common living areas of a 2 bedroom villa in SSR.

Thanks for all the great feedback. Here's our situation. Family reunion (19 people) with extended families in different rooms. Here the situation in our room.

It's a dedicated 2BR vs Lockoff. I used the term loosely when I said studio side just to mean 2 adults and the two babies would be in that 2nd bedroom.

King room - me and my husband
2nd bedroom - son (age 30) and daughter in law (age 29) grandson (age 2) granddaughter (age 7 months)
Sleeping through the night is iffy at best. More people in the room may be too many even
with a spare queen bed. The 2 year old may sleep in the bed.
Living Room - daughter (age 28) on the sleep sofa and nephew (age 30) on air mattress.

I think shipping a twin air mattress from Amazon is a good option and just leaving it there. Thanks for the ideas and helping me think it through. Of course, it'd be so much easier if BCV could just let us request an Air mattress like they do a blender.

We have a similar situation with two teens who do not want to share a bed. About 4 years ago we purchased a twin air mattress on Amazon (about $50). We have taken it on at least 15 trips already. It is self inflating. It also folds up pretty small and we pack it in our luggage. The kids don't mind sleeping on it at all and I have to say I have also used it a night or two and its pretty comfortable. We also use it at home for friend sleepovers.

Don't forget about bringing sheets and a blanket, too, for that air mattress. DVC doesn't provide bedding (not beds, not linens).

We used to put one kid on a twin air mattress next to the king sized bed, in the master BR. There were only 6 of us, but none of the 4 kids would sleep with a sibling. (3 boys, 1 girl.) Sometimes we had a 2nd twin in the 2nd BR, there is a bit more space in the dedicated 2BR, because it does not have the kitchenette. But other trips one kid used the pull out couch, but still had one twin in the king BR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter