BCV getting old and worn ?

kshark1958

Mouseketeer
I'm hoping to book 2 BR at BCV for Sept. 2014. I've been reading a bunch of reviews with most of them being real good. But one thing I noticed in some reviews were people noting how it is getting worn down or in need of updating. With things such as worn carpets and certain little things not working.Can anybody who has been there recently elaborate on this a little more. I thank you ahead of time for your answers.

We stayed there this past October in a one bedroom villa and before that in May 2012 in a two bedroom villa and I didn't experience that either time. BCV is our favorite resort and although I found BLT to be newer, I didn't find BCV to be run down in the least. In fact, we are booked to stay there again this August!

Check the dates on those reviews! I had a studio once that was so old and worn that I tracked down the head of engineering and told him that if they refurbished the room and tried to sell the old stuff on ebay, I'd return it! Ironically, I got the same room a couple years later and it was spiffy clean. When we were at BCV in October 2013, I studied our villa with a critical eye and couldn't find anything I'd call "old and worn". I will admit that the carpet in the hall looked a little old and worn-they had samples which they had in some spots to see how different designs looked and wore. Here's the one by our room-

BTW, we're also planning a trip in Sept 2014 in a 2 BR, and considering BCV.

We just left a 2 BR yesterday, and we were all commenting on how everything was OK, but not great. Things just seemed worn, but in OK condition. We saw maintenance crews on the property constantly. The carpet on the 3rd floor halls was dirty, but I don't know if it was the new carpet or not. I thought the room was in good condition, and loved the curtains. We love SSR and found it smaller and "stuffy" in comparison. However the pools and location are awesome. :beach:

We moved into the VGF for two nights. Wow. That's all I can say. Addonitis is hitting big time. :lmao:

We were there in July 2013… Resort as always was great but our room had a lot of wear and tear, Furniture was chipped and marked up(Big scratch right in the middle of the Kitchen table… Sofa bed was broken and didn't open properly and bath tub had a lot of scratches all over. We love going to BCV in the summer just for Stormalong Bay and all the resorts amenities.

We were there in June for 9 nights and December for a week. Both times in 2 bedroom villas. There is definitely noticeable wear and tear in the rooms but not horrible. The hallways were where I saw dirty, worn carpets and marked up walls. It did not effect our overall experience in any way! We still love it there. I do hope they do some refurbishment soon!

We're BCV owners but I do feel like the decor there makes it feel worn. It's just OLD looking.

I'd love to see a fresh look there. The regular BC rooms are stunning.

We are heading down to BCV in March. 1st stay at BCV was in 2008 and the décor/furniture was looking tired back then. We had a huge snag in the carpet in the master bedroom(2br villa).

Following year stayed at BWV, which was the DVC resort getting all the press for being run down. Room was a lot nicer than I expected after reading reports on DIS.

But then again I stayed at BLT back in 2010, just a few years old and there were stains on the sofa and the carpet in the living room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter