BCV Murphy bed for larger teen?

jeast

DIS Veteran
My DD15 is 5'9' and larger boned. We have booked a BCV studio on our summer trip to WDW. The location is locked in, so no changes possible. DH and I will share the queen, by DS18 will take the pull-out sofa bed.

Is the murphy bed more child sized? Or could a medium-large adult sleep comfortably on it? We even considered laying the mattress on the floor for more space, but would it be comically small?

Another option is to purchase a vacuum-packed twin mattress topper and bring that with us to lay on the floor for DD.

For those of you that have used them, what do you think?

They looked to me like they'd be more suitable for a child. However, a friend of mine, who's about the same size as your DD, used it for an entire week and said it was comfortable.

It should be fine for your DD, Both DH and I have slept on it as well as 5'8" DGD. But bring topper if you aren't sure, can't hurt

I am 5'7" and have slept in the Murphy bed at the GFV for a whole trip and thought it was fine. I did it because it was easier than using the pull-out. I was lazy, but i had a good night's sleep.

Studios at Disney’s Beach Club Villas, after their 2016 renovation, sleep five, on a queen bed, a fold-out sofa bed about the size of a full bed, and a flip-down bed about 75″ by 33″ that sleeps shorter than that.

https://**************.net/2014/08/21/review-disneys-beach-club-villas-page-5/

Is it possible to take the mattress off the murphy bed and place it on the floor? With extra pillows at the top, it would extend the length of the bed. I'm asking because I am in a similar situation next spring.

In our family, we sleep boys in one bed, girls in the other so everyone gets a bed. Have you considered that?

Studios at Disney’s Beach Club Villas, after their 2016 renovation, sleep five, on a queen bed, a fold-out sofa bed about the size of a full bed, and a flip-down bed about 75″ by 33″ that sleeps shorter than that.

https://**************.net/2014/08/21/review-disneys-beach-club-villas-page-5/
From the DVC member site:
Deluxe Studio
View Floor Plans- Modal
Views of Stormalong Bay, Disney's BoardWalk or Courtyard
1 queen-size bed, 1 double-size sleeper sofa, 1 single pull-down bed (29" x 67")
Sleeps Up to 5

But there are no views of the Boardwalk or Stormalong Bay from any of the DVC villas at BCV. So take it as you want.

But the information for the lockoff two bedroom appears correct:
2-Bedroom Lock-Off Villa
View Floor Plans- Modal
Views of Disney's Beach Club Resort, Woods, Pool or Courtyard
1 king-size bed, 1 queen-size bed, 1 queen-size sleeper sofa, 1 double-size sleeper sofa, 1 single pull-down bed (29" x 67")

From the DVC member site:

But there are no views of the Boardwalk or Stormalong Bay from any of the DVC villas at BCV. So take it as you want.

But the information for the lockoff two bedroom appears correct:

That is a huge difference. Has there been any renovations that maybe the other site hasn't adjusted for?

My DD15 is 5'9' and larger boned. We have booked a BCV studio on our summer trip to WDW. The location is locked in, so no changes possible. DH and I will share the queen, by DS18 will take the pull-out sofa bed.

Is the murphy bed more child sized? Or could a medium-large adult sleep comfortably on it? We even considered laying the mattress on the floor for more space, but would it be comically small?

Another option is to purchase a vacuum-packed twin mattress topper and bring that with us to lay on the floor for DD.

For those of you that have used them, what do you think?
Murphy bed is really for a smaller child. However, having said that, my DS, 15 slept on the Murphy bed over Christmas last year, and he did sleep, but said it wasn't that comfortable...

I'd take along an air mattress. Good sleep is important at WDW. I wouldn't expect anyone to crunch up and try to sleep.

Thanks for the information. It sounds like DD will be fine if we put the mattress on the floor. Thanks for all of the input!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!