BCV Resales Trending Higher

And the price just keeps going up. Just saw a few BCV contracts listed for $140/pt this morning!...and they're already pending!! I thought the prices were supposed to start coming down towards the end of Sept into October.

And the price just keeps going up. Just saw a few BCV contracts listed for $140/pt this morning!...and they're already pending!! I thought the prices were supposed to start coming down towards the end of Sept into October.

past performance does not guarantee future results. :crazy2:

I saw that on the ROFR thread! That's crazy low. I will be interested to see if it passes...I have always assumed anything south of $120 would be at risk, since that would give Disney a $65 flip...which seems to be in line with their other properties.
I know....short of the use year not being exactly what we were looking for I could not believe the price we agreed to either. I can deal with a use year two months off from my other contracts at this price. Two weeks earlier I saw a 150 point contract that had sold for VGF at $108 per point on one of the resale sites. Not sure if that one made it through and surprisingly enough after it sold Disney called me with an option to buy 25 points direct for an April use year. I suspect it may have been that contract that they snapped up.

We just bought a BCV contract last month where they were asking $140/point. I thought it was too much, but it was just what we wanted-small number of points (add-on), loaded contract, right use year. We negotiated for $129, which I still thought was too much, but now I feel better after seeing those!

We just bought a BCV contract last month where they were asking $140/point. I thought it was too much, but it was just what we wanted-small number of points (add-on), loaded contract, right use year. We negotiated for $129, which I still thought was too much, but now I feel better after seeing those!
Isn't it funny that once you own the contract you want the prices to skyrocket, but when you are in the market you want to see a soft market...at least until you pass ROFR and get to closing :)

Was that a December UY for 362 points?

Considering even a large contract (200pt) is now asking for $140, you definitely should feel better, lol!

Isn't it funny that once you own the contract you want the prices to skyrocket, but when you are in the market you want to see a soft market...at least until you pass ROFR and get to closing :)

So true!

I was slightly annoyed at $99/point when they sold for $80 just a couple of years prior. I guess it wasn't such a bad deal after all. pirate:

...and we get perks because it was prior to that announcement, too. We've enjoyed discounted APs, merchandise discounts, and free mickey bars at moonlight magic multiple times now, with no direct-purchase contracts. I was going to personally thank Ken Potrock for the blue card but I never made it over to the exec meet and greet this time. Ah well, there's always next year. :D

Had been looking at possibly adding a small BCV for a while. Once prices started skyrocketing, decided it was just not worth it.

Had been looking at possibly adding a small BCV for a while. Once prices started skyrocketing, decided it was just not worth it.
One of the DVC blogs the other day ranked the "value" of all the resorts based on the current info and BCV was ranked last.

One of the DVC blogs the other day ranked the "value" of all the resorts based on the current info and BCV was ranked last.
they're not taking into account Epcot F&W and SAB.

LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION.

It also has a pretty good decor...particularly compared to BWV.

they're not taking into account Epcot F&W and SAB.

LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION.

It also has a pretty good decor...particularly compared to BWV.

That report also does not take into consideration that you can stay at BVC for less points than at some other resorts. That being said, it was very objective in its reporting, and you are paying over $10 per point/per year there at the current resale prices, 20% higher than some other resorts that also seem pretty nice.

That report also does not take into consideration that you can stay at BVC for less points than at some other resorts. That being said, it was very objective in its reporting, and you are paying over $10 per point/per year there at the current resale prices, 20% higher than some other resorts that also seem pretty nice.

The pricing of BCV has a lot to do with having a 6 minute walk to the international gateway. It's kind of priceless. Being able to pop into the Epcot food booths during F&W is really awesome.

Congratulations on your add on!

It was by dvc resale market idk if im allowed to say that but here's the link. Delete if inappropriate:

https://www.dvcresalemarket.com/blog/best-economical-dvc-resort-to-purchase-spring-2017/. Sorry thats spring- here is the new one (edited to add)

https://www.dvcresalemarket.com/blog/best-economical-dvc-resort-to-purchase-fall-2017/
Thanks for the links! Surprising to see that AKV, with it's reputation for high dues, and now it's much higher prices, is in the top half of the list.

I see. That's not really the overall "value", rather just the economic valuation, which is accurate. By the same formula, Motel 6 is much more economical than the Waldorf Astoria.

As for DVC, if you're okay booking 7 months out every time, SSR is a no brainer. If you definitely want to be able to book the BEST resort every time, BCV is the obvious choice.

:stir:

I love BCV so much. I was buying it direct when direct was just over $100, and bought in lots of 25-35, resale was going for less, but mostly stripped contracts. I have never regretted buying BCV, it's my go to resort when swimming will be possible. I have never moved OUT of BCV at 7 months, but have tried to get into it many times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter