BCV stay; 7 and 11 month window reservations

Caballero

The Green Goofys!
We own 150 SSR points and 50 BCV points with an April UY. We're going to WDW at the end June of next year and over Christmas too. We want to stay at the BCV for both stays. Should I make a reservation at the end of this month for our June trip using the 11 month window? In November, when the 7 month window opens, convert that reservation from BVC points to SSR points. Then, in January make the Christmas reservation at the BCV.

You will only be able to convert over to other points right away if there isn't a waitlist for the room. But yes, people do book at one home resort at 11 months and then try to switch resorts at 7 months.

Bobbi:goodvibes

We own 150 SSR points and 50 BCV points with an April UY. We're going to WDW at the end June of next year and over Christmas too. We want to stay at the BCV for both stays. Should I make a reservation at the end of this month for our June trip using the 11 month window? In November, when the 7 month window opens, convert that reservation from BVC points to SSR points. Then, in January make the Christmas reservation at the BCV.

We tried the convert idea once. MS told me that it shouldn't be a problem so she canceled the 11 month resi and tried to place the 7 month resi. She said that between the transactions someone else got our slot. :sad2: I don't know if it went to someone new or someone on a wait list. We won't try that again.

We tried the convert idea once. MS told me that it shouldn't be a problem so she canceled the 11 month resi and tried to place the 7 month resi. She said that between the transactions someone else got our slot. :sad2: I don't know if it went to someone new or someone on a wait list. We won't try that again.

This sort of thing has been happening a lot recently. Not from a waitlist, but on Monday, I called for 2 savannah view studios for a Saturday in September...they got 1 and when they went for the other it was gone.

Bobbi

You would think that MS would first book the new reservation before canceling the original reservation. But, then again, maybe they couldn't produce a new reservation because no new rooms were available. I think I’ll ask to see if there are any studios available before I let MS cancel the old reservation. Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter