BCV - Storm-a-long Bay crowded in July or August

MarylandMommy

Mouseketeer
DVC friends,
Now that my kids are getting a little older, I was thinking about trying Disney during the summer instead of the Fall and early Spring. We stayed at the BCV in early May last year and my kids loved the pools. I think we spent at least 5 hours there each day. Those of you that have stayed at BCV during the summer months (July and August), how crowded does Storm-a-long Bay get? Is it bearable?

Was just there August 21 to 25 and in my opinion the pool was often closer to "empty" then "crowded".

My $0.02

Was just there August 21 to 25 and in my opinion the pool was often closer to "empty" then "crowded".

My $0.02

Agreed. We have been there almost every August for the last 4 years (June this year) and it's never been a big deal. If you need a bunch of chairs-you may run out of luck early/mid afternoon, but as for taking a dip it was never crowded since it was so spread out.

My $0.02

Us too. We were there Aug. 19-24 and there were more empty chairs than filled ones. It was great and relaxing while the CM brought us drinks. Perfect!

We've been there the past three years the two weeks after July 4th. I definitely agree with the above posters. Plenty of empty chairs, room to move around, etc. They still check bracelets to make sure you're staying at the resort, but it's not crowded at all.

Wow! I'm surprised to read the replies. We've been in May and June, so not, July or August, and in June, I think SAB has been crowded. It's been hard, not impossible to get 2 chairs together. I'm happy to go, but I think June has been crowded...I'm talking 10 - 24, those are the general times that we've visited.

Bobbi:goodvibes

Was there from 8-22-8-26...
Plenty of people but totally manageable....

You move around a lot at stormalong bay.....chair was just to hold
my stuff....

Yes....1st time ever.....A CM asked me if I would like a cold
drink:cheer2: :dance3: :drinking1 ::yes::
Niiiiiice:thumbsup2
Kerri

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter