BCV vs. BWV

BabsBunny

Mouseketeer
After much deliberation over where to stay in January we've narrowed it down to a two bedroom and a studio at either BWV or BCV (garden pool view because of waitlists). If it was during a warmer time of year, BCV would be a no brainer. But BWV is a good option for the young adults we'll be traveling with (18 to 21 yo).

Depending on flights, we are talking about a 1 or 2 day waitlist with BCV and a 0 to 1 day waitlist with BWV.

Does anyone know if either resorts have had any recent updates? And any experience or advice is appreciated.

tia :)

Well, BCV is a little closer to Epcot. And BCV has way better parking, if you drive down or rent a car. And BCV at least has an option to grab some food, (prepared or groceries) without having to go all the way out to the Boardwalk.

I actually prefer the slide at BW, I dislike the SAB slide, where you have to cross a "public" sidewalk to climb the stairs….. There are better views at BW, and you are closer to some of the BW restaurants.

I own at BCV, but I like both resorts very much.

Room-wise, they are about the same. You have the ability to pick 2q beds at BCV, though last year we did not get the room category we booked.

I would go with BWV, if someone doesn't mind sleeping on the pull out sofa. There's more night life there and your adult kids would probably enjoy jellyrolls and the dueling pianos.

On the BCV side, the bus only stops at Yacht club. BWV stops at Swan and Dolphin. But if Jan is a slow month, they might all be combined!

I'm having a hard time deciding. lol. We'd probably get a lockoff just because it has a one day wait list as opposed to two. And I think they'd like having their own fridge.

DH and I have stayed at both resorts. With BCV, we loved the quick walk to Epcot. Of course I love the pool. But being January, if it's going to be in the 50's, the pool is a moot point. BWV was nice too--except we were at the very end of the building and had to walk the neverending hallway. But as you said, there is so much for the kids to do at BWV.

First world problems. ;)

I'm having a hard time deciding. lol. We'd probably get a lockoff just because it has a one day wait list as opposed to two. And I think they'd like having their own fridge.

DH and I have stayed at both resorts. With BCV, we loved the quick walk to Epcot. Of course I love the pool. But being January, if it's going to be in the 50's, the pool is a moot point. BWV was nice too--except we were at the very end of the building and had to walk the neverending hallway. But as you said, there is so much for the kids to do at BWV.

First world problems. ;)

I would think your group would get more out of BWV, particularly given that the cooler weather essentially takes SAB out of the equation. nalajms mentioned Jelly Rolls, although that is a 21 and over club, so some of the young adults would be excluded. There is also an arcade in the BWI. The ESPN restaurant has an arcade attached to it, which is pretty good. You also have the arcade games on the Boardwalk in the evening, in addition to the live entertainment. Obviously, the dining options are abound. You can walk to Fantasia Gardens mini-golf park. We like that it is about halfway between HS and Epcot. If you do a 2BR and studio, you can put a "traveling with" indication on the reservations so they try to get those rooms close to each other.

Enjoy!

We did BCV in Jan of 2013 and my kids used the pool...SAB and the BCV quiet pool. It was pretty warm when we were there. And it was our chance to try BCV as we have tried to get in there before to no avail. We LOVED it and it's our (DH and mine) fave DVC resort.

We've done both and for us, Boardwalk wins, no contest. We didn't like Stormalong Bay, but really enjoyed the Boardwalk pool. BCV is a bit closer to Epcot, but BWV is closer to DHS.

What does it for us is the theme. We didn't care for BC's theme, but loved BW.

We have stayed at each once. I don't have a strong preference. We are staying at BCV again in December and one of the reasons I picked it was because my parents are going too and I wanted to have the second bedroom with the 2 queen beds and not have a lock off. We will probably stay at BWV the next time though because we own there now and it is easier to book for us.

For non-all day pool weather, I would do BWV. Stalk or waitist for a bw view room and it is way cool.

Thanks everyone.

I ended up booking the last four days at BWV and waitlisting the first two. Kidanifan, I didn't see a "traveling with" option when booking online, I guess I can call Member Services when and if the waitlists come through and have the two reservations linked?

Thanks everyone.

I ended up booking the last four days at BWV and waitlisting the first two. Kidanifan, I didn't see a "traveling with" option when booking online, I guess I can call Member Services when and if the waitlists come through and have the two reservations linked?

Yes, I think you will need to call member services, or alternatively you could probably send an e-mail via the member website. We have never done it, but I think they indicate somehow on the reservation that the two reservations are for the same party and they make an effort at assigning rooms that are close together. As always, there is no guarantee, although I have seen other threads where this has worked out well for other DVC members.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter