• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BCV - Won't this resort be close to a noisy highway and where will we park our car?

qqq

Earning My Ears
:confused: From what I read one side of the new BCV will be just a few feet from a main thoroughfare.

Wouldn't that be a crummy view - and what about noise from cars and buses?

Is it true this resort is being built on land that was formerly a parking lot for BC/YC visitors?

If so, where do those people park now and where are the additional BCV visitors supposed to park?

Just wondering what drawbacks might come with location, location, location.

We drove by the BCV the other day. It is not on a main street. It is on the street that services only BC/YC, Swan/Dolphin and BWV/BWI.

I think part of it is on the old parking lot, but not all of it.

We were at OKW in May and pool hopped to SAB. We parked in the main BC parking lot and could see BCV next to the main BC building. I am sure this will also serve as the parking lot for the villas.

The distance between the parking lot and BCV is about the same as the distance between VWL and the parking lot at WL. Also similar to the parking lot at BW and the BWV building.

The street that BCV sits along is not a main artery, but rather an access road amidst the EPCOT resorts. It will have some traffic, but not anymore so than the streets of OKW.

Granted, the views at BCV won't be spectacular, but hopefully that will keep the point chart similar to BWV and WLV. There was some speculation that the points would be higher at BCV, but poor views may actually keep that from happening.

Anyway, I won't need a great view if I can have SAB out my back door!!!!!

when I was in WDW this May, staying at BWV, I was told that some of the BCV will have spectacular views of spaceship earth and illuminations, this seemed apparent by the location. yes, maybe there will be som ecrummy views, but the Y&Bclub have some crummy views also!
maybe they'll have standard and preferred views like at BWV.

Laura :D

only 18 days til WDW!!! yipeeeeeeeeee :D :D :D

Robin, Mike and Laura,
Thanks for your reports. I'm a huge BC fan but have been concerned about location of villas. When you stay at BC, the worst view is into the woods or garden, (except over the front portico) and you are definitely well removed from any traffic. Even though Epcot Resorts Blvd is not a major artery, there is a fair amount of bus traffic. How close is the back of BCV to the road? Is it angled towards the end of BC? Where do you think the pool will be located? Did they dam up the canal or does it run on the side of it. Thanks for all your impressions!
Karen

When you get your Vacation Magic (or look at the online version), there is an ariel shot of BCV construction. You can see how close the building is to EPCOT resorts Blvd (pretty close) as well as how close the parking lot is to the structure.

It does look like the canal is dammed. Or maybe they diverted it underground??????

Not much room for a quiet pool.

With regard to bus traffic, that could potentially be a problem, but I don't think it could be any worse than OKW. When we were at OKW in May, we heard lots of bus noise. But to be honest, it really didn't bother me too much. I really didn't notice it. Of course, being a Pediatrician helps. I have to block out background noise all day long!!!!!

How about this for a rumor?:confused:

Disney will "relocate" the road! :D

Give me a big points "discount", and I'll be happy to look at the road.

I drove by the site yesterday. The units closest to the road have most of the windows installed, and are nearly roofed. There were even workers there on Sunday! This project seems to be on a fast track.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter