Be Our Guest - and apparently very few are lucky enough to be!

Pluto777

DIS Veteran
2 Questions about the 'coveted' BOG:

1- where do they seat you for lunch? Is it just anywhere you like since it is technically a QS?

2- Is this place like the 'popular cheerleader' in High school? In other words, does everyone want a date not becasuse they necessarily THINK it's great, but because it's so popular?

Thanks!

For lunch you seat yourself. They will deliver your food to where ever you sit inside.

I believe many eat here for the themeing and less about the food. It is the only way to get inside the castle so many people book adr.

If you do not care about the castle I think you could skip and not miss much.

Had to edit: We did actually choose our own table. They then delivered the food. I was thinking of dinner.

It is a *good* QS. It's way better than your typical burgers/fries for lunch. I actually think that's why it's so popular. The food is good (and if you compare it to other quick service locations, usually better than most).

I think it's so popular because it is the only quick service location that can be "booked" on the DDP and QSDP. Pretty much everyone with a plan will be at MK for breakfast/lunch at some point, so who wouldn't want to visit a venue that will give them awesome value on the plan?

I really think Columbia Harbour House is just as good food-wise, but being seated and served food (and for some, having an ADR) for those with kids is an additional great value.

Yes to 2. People go because everyone does. If it is hard to get, then that must mean you have to go.

I think it also speaks to the lack of table service options in MK. Skipper Canteen has a lot of unmet potential in my opinion. BOG is the best of a weak bunch.

I enjoy the Liberty Tree Tavern too. And The Plaza. But yes, I do think more table service restaurants would be a good thing.

I enjoy the Liberty Tree Tavern too. And The Plaza. But yes, I do think more table service restaurants would be a good thing.

Yes! I wish they would put a true signature in MK. Every other WDW park has one.

OP, yes you seat yourself. I actually like BOG QS lunch, however, I don't like the set-up. I find the whole process just takes too long. I would definitely recommend pre-ordering your food to save time. The inside of the castle is lovely, though. I think it's definitely worth a first and possibly second date. I don't know if I'd take the relationship any further than that, though, LOL! We now prefer mobile ordering at the other QS!

There is definitely a lot of hype going about the place, but it is worth eating there at least once to see the theming. The level of detail in the castle is amazing.

The food is good too. I had the braised pork when we ate lunch there. It seems like everyone who gets that dish enjoys it; I can’t recall ever seeing a negative review of it.

At dinner, I got the steak while many of the people in my group had the seafood pasta. We were all very happy with our food. The Chimay Blue ale was a real treat too. It’s actually brewed by monks. Really good stuff. :)

The biggest negative I’ve found is the need for an ADR. I’m not a fan of needing ADRs as it is, and BOG is the most difficult to get by far, especially for dinner.

IMO opinion you wont be missing much other than the theming. It reminded me of a large cafeteria,definitely not worth all the hype.

The last 2 times I’ve eaten there for lunch (Jan 2014 and May 2017), we were seated by a hostess. We requested a particular room on both occasions, but the room we wanted was not available on the 2014 trip. So...it may be seat yourself and it may not. Depends on the day.

We like the food and atmosphere there. I mean, I’m not over the top excited about the food, but for us, it’s worth doing once each trip.

I used to book it at lunch for the ability to preorder/skip a line on a busy day. The food is just ok. Now that we can mobile order most places, I doubt we’ll eat there much, if at all.

2 Questions about the 'coveted' BOG:

1- where do they seat you for lunch? Is it just anywhere you like since it is technically a QS?

2- Is this place like the 'popular cheerleader' in High school? In other words, does everyone want a date not becasuse they necessarily THINK it's great, but because it's so popular?

Thanks!
We were unable to book dinner 180 days out at 6:10 am.:scared1: We missed out on our last trip in 2015 too, so I booked us for lunch. Honestly the only reason is because DD really wants to see the inside of the castle. No other reason. We don't necessarily care about popularity, it is more about what we are interested in, and that would be anything to do with any of the princesses.

BOG is a great option to add a experience to your trip. It won’t cost you and eye. I been there two times and already got ADR for our next trip, we had eaten at Pecos Bill, Columbia Harbor, Pinocchio and Cosmic Rays, and BOG is a family favorite.

We love lunch at BOG. We've sat in each room (love the West Wing and the Ballroom to watch falling snow). We've had lunch here 4 times, breakfast once and dinner twice. Hoping to get a dinner reservation in August (if they ever start offering any). At lunch we love the pot roast, quiche/salad, cupcakes, soups... and drink refill station at lunch/breakfast. Real silverware is nice too. It is a good use of QS credit IMO. We will try to get a reservation on every annual trip.

We've done dinner once and it was ok. Not something we want to do again. However, we have done lunch many times and plan to do again this summer. The food is good and it is a nice, cool place to relax and recharge in the summer. We don't do it every trip, but we go during our summer trips and the kids always want to go back.

We liked the dinner in the West wing. Haven't done the lunch but have a dinner ADR for a June to go for just dessert and to see beast hopefully.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter