Be Out Guest, Filet Mignon Disgusting

hellmer

Earning My Ears
All in my party had the Filet Mignon, I had requesting one that was medium-rare. It was a disgusting char-burnt turd. It was so burnt that it actually crunched. The grey stuff in the white chocolate cup was not very good, neither was the dark chocolate Grand-Mar whatever. But the salad was good.

A complete waste of two sit-down dining credits

In all honestly, I've never eaten there, but I wouldn't expect much from BOG. Its still inside of the theme park. I understand the theme appeal, but with Cali Grill so close I really don't know why people go there.

Did you complain at the restaurant?
I complained to my family, and it became clear that they did not want me to shame them by complaining to the waiter in a crowded restaurant. My wife offered me her filet, also ordered as medium-rare, to keep me quiet. But it was just as bad. My mother-in-law ordered her's well-done (cremated) and she was happy.

Aww that’s a shame. Maybe pop Disney an email and see if they can help xx

I complained to my family, and it became clear that they did not want me to shame them by complaining to the waiter in a crowded restaurant. My wife offered me her filet, also ordered as medium-rare, to keep me quiet. But it was just as bad. My mother-in-law ordered her's well-done (cremated) and she was happy.

It is silly to spend that kind of money on a meal and not complain if it is not made the way you want it. No shame in getting exactly what you ordered.

I don't think I could gag down a well done steak.

We dined there last night and it was excellent! The filet was perfectly cooked medium rare. And we know steaks.

Sorry you had a poor experience.

My review is in this thread.
What are you implying by "And we know steaks"?

What are you implying by "And we know steaks"?

@TeresaWen implied nothing. She clearly stated that her family knows steaks, and that when HER party ordered their steaks they were cooked perfectly. ANd then said she was sorry YOUR experience differed.

Frankly, if your meal was so bad that you refered to is as a "turd" and then took the time to complain here, I think that you did yourself a disservice by refusing to speak to the server and ask for a properly cooked piece of meat.

Not to jump all over you, but you get nothing by complaining on this site. If you just grabbed the waiter and showed him the steak, I'm positive it would have been rectified immediately. There's no shame in getting what you paid for.

We ate dinner there last night and it was disgusting. The filet was the worst we had on property. Not even close to California Grill and Le Cellier (which were both incredible). The mashed potatoes are, I’m not even joking, TV dinner mashed potatoes. The vegetables are not seasonal and also frozen. The French onion soup had zero caramelized onions in it.

My fiancée and I have been to Morton’s, Ruth Chris, Wolfgang Puck and many other very nice restaurants. As I mentioned, California Grill and Le Cellier were incredible. Be Our Guest was awful, frozen TV dinner food and the fact that this is a two table service restaurant and this is the food they are serving is pathetic on Disney’s part.

I hope The Dis Unplugged (I’m talking about Pete & Charles) do a review here, because I’m sure they will feel exactly the same.

If you go to any restaurant (Disney or not) and have a bad meal and do not discuss this with your server or the manager then it is on you. I was a server years ago and I always wanted to know if my tables were not happy with their meals. It was my job to make sure they enjoyed their food and full experience. If you did not eat your meal then the server should have picked up on that and talked to you about it. I do not think of BOG or CRT as true signature restaurants, but just 2 credit restaurants. I have never been to BOG and don't plan to for this reason.

We ate dinner there last night and it was disgusting. The filet was the worst we had on property. Not even close to California Grill and Le Cellier (which were both incredible). The mashed potatoes are, I’m not even joking, TV dinner mashed potatoes. The vegetables are not seasonal and also frozen. The French onion soup had zero caramelized onions in it.

My fiancée and I have been to Morton’s, Ruth Chris, Wolfgang Puck and many other very nice restaurants. As I mentioned, California Grill and Le Cellier were incredible. Be Our Guest was awful, frozen TV dinner food and the fact that this is a two table service restaurant and this is the food they are serving is pathetic on Disney’s part.

I hope The Dis Unplugged (I’m talking about Pete & Charles) do a review here, because I’m sure they will feel exactly the same.

And that is too bad because before they changed it to the filet, the steak was very good. Loved the steak they used to have, and the soup they used to have. Everything I liked they took off of the menu. I feel no need to go for sub par filet and onion soup.

If you go to any restaurant (Disney or not) and have a bad meal and do not discuss this with your server or the manager then it is on you. I was a server years ago and I always wanted to know if my tables were not happy with their meals. It was my job to make sure they enjoyed their food and full experience. If you did not eat your meal then the server should have picked up on that and talked to you about it. I do not think of BOG or CRT as true signature restaurants, but just 2 credit restaurants. I have never been to BOG and don't plan to for this reason.
Totally agree! With the $$$ you spend....you should get a great meal. You HAVE to speak up....not only for yourself to get what you paid for...but for the mgnt. to be aware of any shortcomings so they can rectify it and work with feed back to make improvements! Now if you do that and get nowhere....then you can complain on these sites about food and service!

I have found BOG to be one of those places that people love this place or love to hate this place. I myself love to hate it (food). Emotions and opinions can run rampant as well over BOG. As for me and my house; We'll pass. :goodvibes

I have found BOG to be one of those places that people love this place or love to hate this place. I myself love to hate it (food). Emotions and opinions can run rampant as well over BOG. As for me and my house; We'll pass. :goodvibes
We fall in both camps! First meal there (lunch) was fantastic. Hit of the trip after not expecting much from BOG. Second lunch on our next trip was, and I’m not using this word lightly, inedible. I truly didn’t even know who to complain to as there are no servers and the hostess stand was mobbed. Could have tried harder but sometimes after a place wastes your time and money you just want to cut your losses and get out of there.

OP, your venting on a message board is allowed! They need some quality control in their kitchen.

We fall in both camps! First meal there (lunch) was fantastic. Hit of the trip after not expecting much from BOG. Second lunch on our next trip was, and I’m not using this word lightly, inedible. I truly didn’t even know who to complain to as there are no servers and the hostess stand was mobbed. Could have tried harder but sometimes after a place wastes your time and money you just want to cut your losses and get out of there.

OP, your venting on a message board is allowed! They need some quality control in their kitchen.

Of course venting is allowed, however complaints on a message board do not make changes or corrections to badly cooked food. I know why you did not complain, but nothing gets rectified if you accept that inedible meal. At the cost of Disney dinners, the food should be well cooked and the service more than decent.

All I can add is, normally we give a restaurant 3 strikes before dropping it from our list. We went to BoG this past June and the girls said no way do they get 2 more strikes its banned. In my case I ordered the lamb and got exactly 3 forkfuls of lamb out of the meal. We ended up going back to AKL and I fed the family again there.

All I can add is, normally we give a restaurant 3 strikes before dropping it from our list. We went to BoG this past June and the girls said no way do they get 2 more strikes its banned. In my case I ordered the lamb and got exactly 3 forkfuls of lamb out of the meal. We ended up going back to AKL and I fed the family again there.

Oh my! You are kinder than I. Last night we went to coral reef and I am going to address that place today. I also did not care to ruin the evening by complaining, but this was a CP package and the server was given a gratuity over $100. I will accept the two credits, but I am going to have a conversation about our service. The family is not sure how much was joking that went awry or just snippyness, but they were annoyed. I will say none of it was directed towards me, and my meal was okay other than the worst desserts on property, but the rest were treated to not great service

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!