Beach Club/Boardwalk Villas

cinmell

DIS Veteran
If you have stayed in either the Beach Clur or Boardwalk Villas can you tell me what they are like? My husband, my 2 year old daughter, my mother and I are booked at 12th floor Contemporary in May and we are now considering villas, however, we don't know much about them. Any information or opinions you can provide would be appreciated.

Also, can you apply Disney Club discount, AP rates or codes to the villas? Thank you!

DH and I stayed in a 1-bedroom BCV during the 2002 Wine and Food Festival. Actually, we had booked a BC waterview room, but we arrived late...and even though we had told CRO we'd be arriving late, they had obviously given our room away. They initially tried to stick us in a weird-shaped room that had a parking lot view for the same price as a waterview (we had a code, and the guy at the desk tried to convince us that we should be happy to GET a room at that price!!!) - I complained vehemently and we were given the villa...but you didn't ask for that story, did you?

Well, we couldn't have been happier with the reassignment, because the villa was incredible!! The bedroom had a king-size bed, a TV, and an adjoining tiled area with a jacuzzi tub and large vanity area with a sink. There is a separate bathroom with toilet, sink, and shower (a glassed-in shower, not a shower-tub combo). The bedroom also had a sliding glass door that looked out on the quiet pool. The living room was sort of small, but it had a nice couch (pull-out), a coffee table, and a TV. Overlooking this was a small kitchen area that included a full-size refrigerator, oven, coffeemaker, and (I believe) dishwasher...and maybe a microwave?? There was also a small dining area sort of scrunched between the kitchen and living room area. One closet contained a washer/dryer.

We liked the villa so much that we tried to book a similar one at WLV for our upcoming trip - and we will certainly book one at BW sometime!!!

I don't know what is available right now, but AP rates have been available for these in the past. I am pretty sure you can get code rates for these sometimes, as well.

My DS(11) and i stayed in a 1 bedroom BC Villa in October. I was worried about noise and foot traffic because we were on the 1st floor near the entrance - foolish worries - it is probably the most quiet of all the resorts we've visited.

The kitchen was so well stocked - including a dishwasher!! The washer and dryer came with soap and softners too! The kitchen had probably 3 dozen glasses, plenty of plates, a toaster, toaster over, microwave - it was perfect for eating breakfast in the room. We had 2 patios and the gardens were lush and quiet.

There are 2 t.v.s(a good thing with a child who may either want to watch Mickey or in my case teen Disney while you are relaxing).

The pools are good size, clean and a nice alternative to the construction at SAB.

My son still prefers concierge at YC but from an adult standpoint BC Villas has my vote any day.:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

The BWV and the BCV are beautiful! they are so spacious and the king bedroom with private bath and whirlpool tub are heavenly!

the location is wonderful, it is so nice to be able to walk to epcot and mgm. also to be right there at the BW, is so convenient and fun!

and yes, i have often seen the villas discouted just as the other resorts.

Laura :)

We haven't stayed at the Villas but we took a tour when we were at the Beach Club resort last year. It's quite nice. And, you get use of the best pool on property - Stormalong Bay. We say a studio and 1 bedroom. The studio is very similar to the regular room but with a little mini kitchen area. The 1 bedroom was very nice. I would not hesitate to stay there if I needed the space and kitchen facilities. Plus, they're pretty new so they're nice and fresh. I love that.

PamNC

We will be going to the BWV's in May this year. We are renting points (check the rent/trade board here on the Dis) and we are saving a ton of money. I don't think I will be able to go back to a "regular" hotel room after having all the perks of the villas!

I've stayed at VWL and BCV. Definitely prefer BCV! And we're DVC owners, who originally bought specifically because of VWL. And I don't swim, so it's not SAB. I just love the feel of sitting on the balcony at BCV, listening to the faint strains of the Epcot music. Was unimpressed with the VWL balconies. And I found the CMs at BCV MUCH friendlier. And the BCV rooms, although I wasn't too impressed on the tour, were so much nicer, warmer feeling to stay in.

Oooh, this is so great! We're staying in a 2bdr villa at beach club villas in Oct, so I'm glad to hear the positive responses!! :)

We're going in August and, as hygienejean said, check into renting points -- we're staying for less than 1/2 of what the regular rate is. We are staying somewhere else (moderate, maybe) for our last night (Friday) however, as Friday and Saturday nights are VERY expensive (not worth it to me as we are getting up Saturday morning and leaving for home).

Pam

We just rented points for BCV's in April. :) I took the tour back in November and thought they were very nice. It's much different than a hotel though... it almost feels like you've walked into a ritzy condo building somewhere. I can't explain it well... it's just different. The only negative thing I saw was that the hallways are very long and some rooms have long walks to the elevator. But other than that I think they are great. We have stayed at OKW twice and loved having all the extra space, but the downside is you have to wash your own towels unless you pay extra.

Erica, you may as well buy DVC!!! You will love DVC. We had a 2 bedroom and were about midway down one of those long halls. It really isn't bad. I think the best part about BCV area is that you can't get any closer to EPCOT! You will LOVE it there!

cinmell: The DVCer's OWN the points and if they are not going to use them, they can chose to rent them out to non-members. You can get alot of infor re:renting points on the Disney Vacation Club Forum.

Pam

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter