Beach Club/club level service

linda9681

Earning My Ears
is anyone currently staying club level at BC? We are here this week and honestly I am surprised at the poor service! The concierge snacks room has not been kept stocked while open, last night I asked for wine ( empty bottle on counter) and was told they were getting it, 15 min later asked another person to be told that I had to specifically request a glass ( already did).. no bottled water even with request, and asked for robes( which I understood to be in the rooms on arrival) and they weren’t the thin waffle ones, stiff as a board. Not sure what to say but my whole party agrees this was a huge waste of money. I am so sad about this too since it’s our first club level stay with 8 stays under our belt..has anyone else had these issues??
It’s early in our trip so I am hoping we just had an off start and it will improve

is anyone currently staying club level at BC? We are here this week and honestly I am surprised at the poor service! The concierge snacks room has not been kept stocked while open, last night I asked for wine ( empty bottle on counter) and was told they were getting it, 15 min later asked another person to be told that I had to specifically request a glass ( already did).. no bottled water even with request, and asked for robes( which I understood to be in the rooms on arrival) and they weren’t the thin waffle ones, stiff as a board. Not sure what to say but my whole party agrees this was a huge waste of money. I am so sad about this too since it’s our first club level stay with 8 stays under our belt..has anyone else had these issues??

Please go to the Front Desk and ask to speak to a manager. I know many people dislike complaining, but unless management knows about problems, they can't get fixed.

The absolute best time to address a problem with while you are on-site. There are many more service recovery options available to a resort manager (in-room amenities, extra Fast Passes, room credits) than there are after you have left (basically just a refund).

I've found it's always best to include a compliment with a complaint. Something like: "This is our ninth trip to Walt Disney World. We always were really happy with our vacations...which is why we're surprised that the level of service on the Club level is so uneven."

I used to be a hotel Night Manager. Complaints can be tough to handle, as what pleases one person might actually upset someone else. If you have something specific in mind, feel free to ask for it. (The worst you'll hear is "no".) A manager will be more willing to give you something that directly relates to the problem. For example, since you missed out on enjoying a glass of wine, asking for a bottle of wine to be delivered to your room would be reasonable.

It’s early in our trip so I am hoping we just had an off start and it will improve

I'd be sure to mention that fact to a manager. You could say something like, "We're here until Sunday. Hopefully, it was just a problem last night." A good manager will send a reminder to the Club Cast Members to up their game. That might solve the problem.

A great manager will ask if she or he can contact you later in the week to make sure things got better.

Anyway, I hope some of that helps.

Last edited:
The absolute best time to address a problem with while you are on-site. There are many more service recovery options available to a resort manager (in-room amenities, extra Fast Passes, room credits) than there are after you have left (basically just a refund).
Or even, you know, resolve the problems. ;)

I hope it improves. We are moving over there tomorrow and there better be good service. I was a little surprised that I only heard from them once since I booked about 3-4 months ago. I was expecting a check up call just before we left. Well I am looking forward to this stay and hope it’s all I expect it to be

OP, not what you want to hear, but of all the resorts/CLs, BC CL seems to get among the most mixed hot or cold reviews from folks that stop by with their thoughts on the CL thread.

No personal recent experience at BC CL so nothing of any value to offer, other than I have read reports that sound a bit similar to some of your observations on/off over time on other threads. (Admittedly, you can have bad CL experiences anywhere on any given trip).

Hope y’all find a way to make the most of your remaining vacation and take advantage of some of the other great BC amenities.

Was at BC CL in July will be back in 2 weeks , and after many club level trips i am kinda shocked by this, when I ask for a beer or something i never wait more than a few mins unless it is during the 5 pm graze period but still never have to wait too long.

@linda9681 -- Yikes! I am so sorry to hear this! We have a BC CL stay upcoming beginning on 12/23, and I would be pretty unhappy with what you've reported has been going on as well.

Please come back and let us know if you spoke to a manager or anyone else about the situation, or whether things have improved since you first posted.

Fingers crossed that the rest of your stay is much better! :)

I would speak to the concierge. Those folks are generally on their game so your experience surprises me, and I am so sorry it happened. BC is among my favorite CL choices, so hopefully your first day was an anomoly.

@jcanary - The "better be" is kind of strong. It is possible for any area to suffer a bad day for a variety of reasons. If you experience a problem, a resolution can be much more successful if one approaches the situation in an easygoing manner. I know in my area, if a client addresses a concern by slamming the hammer down, I am less inclined to go above and beyond what is absolutely bare minimum to correct whatever twisted his knickers.

Or else...?
I am not shy with speaking to a manager. This is a special trip for my husband before he has open heart surgery and I just want to make sure his trip is up to par. Our previous club levels have been at the Poly but he loves the pool here and friends were here this past September and loved it.

Just checked and enjoying breakfast. I would say we are happy with what is being offered and they have been on top of making sure things are available

Dinner servings were great. We were there early so can’t speak to the end of timeframe.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter