Beach club questions

mjc2003

DIS Veteran
What is the feedback so far on the new Hurricane Hanna's? Anybody been there recently? I am a little confused, is there a new bar menu and the same old counter service menu or can you order the bar food at the counter? Can you do bar food to go to bring back to the villa? Also, is the bar often crowded during the day or are there usually seats? We are there 4/21-4/28, which doesn't appear to be an overly busy week.

Also any one bedroom recommendations? We'd like to be on the poolside ground floor, but with 3 little kids I'm open to anything convenient. Not that it's a huge deal, nothing is really too far at BCV.

What is the feedback so far on the new Hurricane Hanna's? Anybody been there recently? I am a little confused, is there a new bar menu and the same old counter service menu or can you order the bar food at the counter? Can you do bar food to go to bring back to the villa? Also, is the bar often crowded during the day or are there usually seats? We are there 4/21-4/28, which doesn't appear to be an overly busy week.

Also any one bedroom recommendations? We'd like to be on the poolside ground floor, but with 3 little kids I'm open to anything convenient. Not that it's a huge deal, nothing is really too far at BCV.

A lot of info and knowledgeable people on this thread: 2013 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun

Since your first question is general to the Beach Club/Yacht Club resort, I'm sure you'll get good info there.

For your second question, if you do the online check-in up to 60 days in advance, you can enter a room request and choose 2 out of the 4 options:
  • Near Elevator
  • Lower Floor
  • Woods View
  • Larger Balcony

Not really a way to request a pool view there. But you may also e-mail member services and make other room requests with them - just understand that requests aren't always met.

Finally, you can ask at the check-in desk if there is a pool view available.

Even if you are poolside ground floor, you can't get to the pool from your patio. You have to use the doors and hallway. Your patio is surrounded with shrubbery. You'll be at the Dunes Cove pool, not Stormalong Bay in case you didn't know.

You might want to request near single elevator on the first floor. You'd be real close to the pool there. But if anyone in your group needs naptimes, you might want to be further away from the pool because it tends to be noisy.

I requested the opposite for our next stay. I opted for a high floor because on our last trip to BCV, there were a lot of people walking (including our family) from EPCOT and around the back of BCV. I wondered if the people on the first floor right there could hear all of the noise outside. Not that we were making a lot of noise but when I'm in my room sleeping I don't want to hear anyone walking by. Something to consider with little kids...

Even if you are poolside ground floor, you can't get to the pool from your patio. You have to use the doors and hallway. Your patio is surrounded with shrubbery. You'll be at the Dunes Cove pool, not Stormalong Bay in case you didn't know.

You might want to request near single elevator on the first floor. You'd be real close to the pool there. But if anyone in your group needs naptimes, you might want to be further away from the pool because it tends to be noisy.

I know about the shrubbery, I should have clarified that we've stayed there many times and are BCV owners. We've only been on the first floor once on the poolside, but it was the last room so it was adjacent to the parking lot. I actually loved it, but it was a 2BR. So I was looking for a 1br recommendation on the first floor. The reason I like being ground floor is just because we have 3 little kids, so with multiple strollers it's easier than dealing with elevators. I also hate tying up the elevators, we pretty much take up a whole one and I always feel guilty when other people have to wait for the next one, those elevators are not fast.

I will look into your suggestion, thank you. We do know it's not SAB, my kids like to take a swim at the Dunes pool after dinner before going to bed. They're in bed by 9 at the latest, so it's far more convenient to just stay close by versus trekking over to SAB.

I requested the opposite for our next stay. I opted for a high floor because on our last trip to BCV, there were a lot of people walking (including our family) from EPCOT and around the back of BCV. I wondered if the people on the first floor right there could hear all of the noise outside. Not that we were making a lot of noise but when I'm in my room sleeping I don't want to hear anyone walking by. Something to consider with little kids...

We got a high floor on the back a few years ago and it sounded like the buses were running through our living room, so there's always something! We actually did have an issue with our first floor room a few years ago, we were the last 2br on the first floor adjacent to the parking lot (as I mention above). We loved the location but we had a lady who would go outside around 1am the first few nights to smoke and talk loudly on her cell phone, and she was probably literally 20 feet from our bed right outside the door.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter