Beach Club Villas - 1 Bedroom

jeni16

DIS Veteran
A few questions about the 1 Bedroom Villas at the Beach Club...

1) Do they all have large balconies?

2) Can the balconies be accessed from both the main room & the bedroom?

DH & I are thinking about staying in one & want to be able to sit out on the balcony while DS is napping/sleeping but we don't want to disturb him.

Thanks!

A few questions about the 1 Bedroom Villas at the Beach Club...

1) Do they all have large balconies?

2) Can the balconies be accessed from both the main room & the bedroom?

DH & I are thinking about staying in one & want to be able to sit out on the balcony while DS is napping/sleeping but we don't want to disturb him.

Thanks!

Unfortunately the answers to those questions depends on which I BR you have. I know I have pictures of our 2 separate small balconies (no access to LR from MBR) from one stay, but I can't access them from here (at the hospital, volunteering).

If you search for pictures of BCV, you'll see that most balconies are individual ones spanning "2 patio doors". Only a few areas have balconies spanning more than 1 set of windows/doors. I'm not sure if those are 2bd or maybe some are lockoffs.

Here's the photo from the balcony we had from 347. After DH left to go back to work, I switched to a studio. Ironically the studio I had had a much large balcony than if the 2 balconies from the 1 BR had been put together.

Yet here's the balcony we had in (I think the room # was) 545-

Thanks so much for the pictures. As long as we're both able to sit out at night after putting him to sleep without having to access a balcony from only the living area, we will be happy!

Nope - they are not all big balconies. We've had a few stays at BCV and 2 of them were in 1BR's. Both time the balconies were large enough to sit out on but just barely. They were not the size of the picture above.

And - the first time there was only a balcony off of the Master and not one off of the living room. (might have been vice versa but pretty certain that's the way it worked. We've had a VWL 1BR with a balcony only off of the living room but I don't think I'm confusing and switching it around with the BCV layout. We've also had a BWV with a small balcony only off the living room so as you can see it happens often with 1BR's around the resorts).

A few other things to note:

1) None of the BCV balconies face toward the BoardWalk area and Crescent Lake. Only Beach Club hotel rooms are located in that portion of the resort.

2) About 1/3 of the BCV balconies are very close to Epcot Resorts Blvd--the main road which services Boardwalk, BC/YC, Dolphin and Swan. Cars, theme park buses and all manner of motor vehicles travel these roads.

2a) The rest of the BCV balconies have either a woods view or they overlook one of the pools.

3) There are villas on the ground floor which have concrete slab patios rather than elevated balconies.

4) Bear in mind that balconies aren't always the calm, peaceful, private setting some guests envision. If you look at the first photo "Simba's Mom" posted, you'll see how close together the balconies can be. You could have a neighbor sitting on a neighboring balcony 10' away from you (or directly above / below you.) Or someone talking on their cell phone. Or a group of people chatting / laughing / drinking / otherwise enjoying their evening. Or kids playing with toys. If your balcony overlooks the pool, you will get noise from folks swimming below.

Just want to make sure you don't have romantic visions of yourself and spouse sharing a glass of wine with only the sound of crickets chirping in the distance. More often than not, there are other nearby guests with their own ideas of how to use the balcony.

That said, we stayed in One Bedroom villas from the time our kids were 18 months old. When they were small enough for the porta-crib, we put them to sleep in the master bedroom and relaxed in the living room. As they got older, we'd put them to sleep on the living room sofa bed and go on with our lives in the living room. That's the benefit of staying in a One Bedroom suite / villa.

Room 410 (1BR) had 2 separate balconies, accessed by the living room and the master bedroom. Overlooked the quiet pool. Great location!

Thanks everyone for all of the info! We've always gotten lucky with balconies in the past & have actually been able to sit out on them & enjoy ourselves. There will come a time though when we won't be so lucky.

We haven't booked anything yet. Do any of you know if we would be better off staying at the Boardwalk Villas?

We would have loved to have tried at a 1 bedroom theme park view at Bay Lake but those were scooped up pretty quickly.

Thanks everyone for all of the info! We've always gotten lucky with balconies in the past & have actually been able to sit out on them & enjoy ourselves. There will come a time though when we won't be so lucky.

We haven't booked anything yet. Do any of you know if we would be better off staying at the Boardwalk Villas?

We would have loved to have tried at a 1 bedroom theme park view at Bay Lake but those were scooped up pretty quickly.

You'll have the same issue at BWV. Some large balconies, some small. I've been in BWV 1 bedrooms with just 1 tiny balcony.

I would recommend finding out what is actually available first. If you are planning a September / October stay as your signature indicates, your options will be very limited.

Food and Wine Fest begins September 19. Epcot resorts are VERY popular once that event begins. Assuming you are planning to book with DVC points (or rent), you will probably not find any availability at Beach Club. At BoardWalk, the Standard View and BoardWalk View are almost certainly gone for all but a handful of scattered dates in Sept and Oct.

Only real chance is for the BoardWalk Garden / Pool view...and even there availability will be very limited after the Food & Wine fest has begun. Early September is the best bet if dates are flexible.

If you are planning to pay cash to book through the Disney website or a travel agent--at rates of $500-600 per night--you may find greater availability. But cash availability showing on the Disney website is not bookable using DVC points.

I got lucky last year and waitlisted Beach club 1 bdr right at the 7 month mark for Food and Wine and got it about a week later. Try it! I am in the minority, I am not a fan of Beach Club! I think the only thing it offers is SAB and my DH and I are not big pool people. I would much rather stay at BWV. I thought BC was run down and in need of a serious makeover and was not impressed with the Quickserve at all.

My first choice is always VWL, but the refurb there was done so poorly, not sure if i will be going back there soon.

Disappointed DVC Member.

:confused3

Both locations are available for the dates we are looking at. Since they both sound similar, it seems like we just need to weigh the pros & cons of both resorts.

With DS being 2 at the time we go, I think definately going with a 1 Bedroom over a view is going to work best. It will allow us a seperate space to unwind, relax & prepare for the next day without disturbing him.

We have been to BCV twice. Once when DSs were little and this month. They boys are now 13 and 11.

I really did not like BCV when the boys were small. To get from the villas to the feature pool was a trek. The second time, loved it! Just food for thought.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter