Beach Club Villas need some TLC...preferred Art of Animation!!

Debs Hill

DIS Veteran
Hi guys,
So, for years we have been trying to get into the BCV at the 7 mnth mark in the summer and for the first time this year we succeeded!!! Needless to say we were very excited!
However, we were so disappointed!! We were allocated a room which looked directly into trees so there was very little natural light in the room. The resort was full so no chance of swapping rooms. The 1 bed was extremely tired looking and in need of some TLC......drawer handles loose or missing, chipped tiles in kitchen and bathroom etc and grubby carpet. The buses were dreadful, very long waits, very crowded due to sharing with other resorts......both to and from the parks.
The plus side of course is the proximity to MGM and EPCOT, but I think we will go for the BWV next time. We spent the second part of our trip at Bay Lake and had an amazing view of the Lake and magic kingdom and the room seemed huge in comparrison to the beach club.
I wanted to love it so much, but it was such a shame!!
Debxx;)

Thanks for posting. If nothing else you just made me feel better about the fact that we got BWV for our first trip instead of BCV, as I'd originally been hoping for. We're going in winter so the pool's not as much of a priority, but its a pity they're not keeping up the rooms & furnishings better.

I'm not sure what is up with the busses in the EPCOT area, the slow bus service was the only main negative of my July BWV trip.

I would think BWV busses are a bit worse than BCV. Most of the time BC is shared with only YC. While most BWV busses also stop at both the Swan then the Dolphin before heading to parks.

But yes one night at the MK. Of the 8+ stops in our isle, everyone only had a half of a turnstyle or less of passengers, including SSR, OKW, even mods POR and PoRFQ... Except the BC/YC had 2 full turnstyle rows and on the other sid of the row, the BW/S/D also had 2 full turnstyle rows.

Make sure you send an email to Member Satisfaction. Perhaps they will do something if they hear enough:
dvcmembersatisfactionteam@disneyvacationclub.com

We will be staying there for the first time in Oct. for F & W Festival. After reading so many reviews like this, my expectations are low. Luckily, the primary reason to stay there is the close proximity to Epcot and not much else. We stayed at BWV last year and absolutely loved it. Hoping for a favorable outcome. Fingers crossed! :rolleyes1

Stayed there this past summer, still find it very magical. Had a villa on an upper floor, which is nice for a bit of a view of some sorts. But, like always, things were clean, all seemed fresh to us, and we enjoyed all the special feelings the CMs and the facilities have to offer. Accept the fact, it is a bit of a walk from the villas to the main lobby of the BC, but that is something to enjoy.:cool2:

We were there this past May and had a great time. It was our 4th stay there. Our room was clean and didn't look too worn. Sorry you didn't have a good room at BCV :(.

I guess we were lucky. Stayed at BCV last week in 1 br - room 420 - great view of the fireworks. Room was in great shape and the only thing that was annoying was the terrible wireless service. Right near elevators and by a miracle, hit the buses perfectly. But sometimes we do get off at the Boardwalk and walk over so we do not have to stop at the Swan, the Dolphin and Yacht Club.

Booked again for April.

BWV is also very nice but my son likes SAB so we at BCV.

Haven't stayed at Beach Club in a while. The last time (4-5 years ago), our room was showing signs of wear and high occupancy rate. The resort is crowded in the summer months. There are many positives, the lazy river, being close enough to MGM and Epcot to walk or use water taxi.

Too bad you were disappointed with your stay at BCV. We stayed there last year and loved it so much we bought a contract there. Not really crazy about the decor either (we own at BLT too). Sure it was a little worn but I think these villas are in constant use. I don't think there is ever a slow time for BCV or BWV. Very desirable location.

Seems to me that BCV should be due for a refurb, anyone know when the last one was done?

Agree about the rooms being drab. While spacious and comfortable everything else about the room is dull and dated.

I agree this is a great location but I hate the justification for a rundown is that SAB is awesome. What does one have to do with the other?

It may be getting drab but we go there to enjoy ourselves in a comfortable environment. Early August our room was clean and had all the things we needed. We could see the fireworks from our room and the weather cooperated. I asked for additional shampoo after 4 days and they brought up about 4 bottles of shampoo and conditioner. Everyone did their best to make us feel comfortable.

No complaints here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter