Before or During HEA

NC_Marine

Earning My Ears
My girlfriend has told me her ideal proposal would be at twighlight in front of the castle, but I'm currently running into a problem. On the date we will be in Magic Kingdom, we will be heading over to Chef Mickeys during this time.

So I'm trying to decide if I should propose before the dinner reservation (3:50) or after the reservation before HEA when it's dark. What do y'all think would be the better/more romantic setting?

Chef Mickey's has some really bad reviews for food. I'd consider cancelling the reservation for somewhere else at a different time so you can propose at twilight. Or try moving the reservation time if you want to keep it. I personally think the castle at night lit up will look more romantic

My girlfriend has told me her ideal proposal would be at twighlight in front of the castle, but I'm currently running into a problem. On the date we will be in Magic Kingdom, we will be heading over to Chef Mickeys during this time.

So I'm trying to decide if I should propose before the dinner reservation (3:50) or after the reservation before HEA when it's dark. What do y'all think would be the better/more romantic setting?

What time of year will you be here? Depending on the time of year, you may be able to have the dinner and head BACK to the Magic Kingdom just in time for twilight, and propose on the walk back in! In the winter here it gets dark around 6:30. In the spring/summer, anytime between 7:30-8:30. I really think you could swing it going back in to MK after your dinner. Just tell her there was a ride you really wanted to do or a piece of merchandise you really wanted to buy.

Another option is snagging a reservation for California Grill for "dessert" or for "drinks" and proposing on the outdoor walkways up there with the castle behind you during twilight. That would be beautiful!

If you'll be here at a time when it gets dark early and don't want to go back after dinner, I do think night time is a better, more romantic time- however, I would also consider what FSU girl said above and try to change your reservation. If proposing at twilight is important to her, I would see if there's a way you can sneakily change the reservation so it works out just the way she wants :)

How exciting. Although to be honest, I can think of no more UN-romantic feeling than the thought of proposing while dealing with the indigestion and discomfort that comes after any meal at Chef Mickey's. :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

My opinion would be to drop Chef Mickey's and dine somewhere else in the MK. I'd try to time the proposal in front of the castle around twilight, ideally with a PhotoPass photographer there to capture the moment.

Good luck OP, I wish you the best.

Thank y'all for the advice. We will be going in late November, so I expect it to get dark quick. Luckily, we will be going back after dinner to ride the Haunted Mansion (we have fast passes for 6:40) and to see Happily Ever After.

I won't be able to change the Chef Mickey's reservation though. She is the one who as has access to the account and she also has it scheduled for her son as one of our character dinners.

I would do it after dinner. If you do it before dinner, either she is too pre-occupied with excitement about the upcoming wedding plans to pay attention to her son, or she is too busy with her son and the characters that she might not be as excited about the proposal as you might like.

If you’ll be here in November, but are going back for 6:40, I really think it’ll still be twilight and won’t be completely dark yet. I think you should try to do it then, on your way back in to the park! You could do it on the beautiful bridge in between the castle area and Liberty Square, which is a little more private and quiet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!