• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Begging anyone with any technical experience to hep me with chat problem.

glo

Has a heart bigger then all of
Please help me. I am going through BIG TIME withdrawl.

I have never had any problems getting into chat. Once the boards moved, I have not been able to go on for more than a few seconds. I know others are also in the same boat, and many have had to change to their modem lines to chat. Yet, this is the only site or chat that is affected with me. I am not as fortunate as modem is not working! I really don't know what else to do.!

I have AT&T Roadrunner cable. I have spoken to various people there. They have changed all my settings twice, and are now back to the originals. I have deleted and added i-chat, I am at wits end. We were on for over an hour working on this, and no luck. The poor technician now says it has to be something at the site.

I was able to go into other chats with the tech , but not I-chat. He was there when he saw what happened. He also said becausse I can get into chat and actually talk for half a page, that it might be something wrong in one of the lines of the program.

I am sorry this is so long, but I want to give as much info as I can. PLEASE help me!!!!

Any suggestions????

glo,

I don't know if your problem is related but there are several people having problems with RoadRunner Cable Modems. Is this what you have?

There are a number of threads where RoadRunner Cable modem customers, I think in NY, are seeing really slow performance on the DIS boards.

There are people investigating it right now. I don't know if your chat problem is the same or something different. I know that WebmasterAlex is here tonight because I've been back and forth on pm with him and he will probably see your thread too. I'll mention it.

If nothing else this will keep it near the top.

Bob

Yes, I have Roadrunner! I just don't know what else to do. They were on with my DH for 30 minutes this morning and an hour with me. They see nothing wrong with my settings or anything. The person even went into other chats with me, and I did ok there.

Alex, I am sorry to bother you, but you know I am addicted to chat! I am dying here!

Please, I promise never to paint your finger nails or braid your hair when you fall asleep in chat! I'll even protect your wallet!

PLEASE!!!!!????????

Alex PLEASE!!!!

PRETTY PLEASE with lowfat cool whip on top!

Hey glo I'm having the same problems. I'm curious as to what the problem is. I've done everything you have and now have hit a wall. Just know you are not the only one. Maybe we can form a support group.

For the Tech guys and girls I've noticed that when going from Dis home page to boards it's not a direct connect I'm being linked with a page that gives me an option to click if page doesnt automatically link me, is this right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter