Belated reviews cont'd 10/8-10/10

holcomb-mania

DIS Veteran
10/8 - Lunch at Toy Story Pizza Planet. The pizza was good, DW remarked about her veggie pizza so I think she was surprised. Personally, I can make better at home! :) Should've got one for the kids to split. Total cost was in the mid-$30s IIRC. We hit it around 11:15 and it was dead. Within 15 minutes after we sat down, the place became packed. If you go, aim to get there before 11:30 and pray Muppets is in mid-show!

Dinner at the Pepper Market at CSR. DW had some fajita dish that she liked, I had penne with Alfredo sauce from the Pasta Station which was good. I sampled some Bourbon chicken from the Asian(?) Station which was tasty. I was impressed with the overall quality I witnessed at the PM. The food was fresh, the cooks were helpful, the wait staff seemed to SWARM. Don't let the 10% surcharge put you off. Those people work hard and do a good job. We'll eat here again if we stay at CSR.

10/9 - Breakfast at Chef Mickey's. CM is what it is. Loud, fun, and crowded. The table turnover was pretty quick, so the wait was not too long. We checked in 15 min before our PS and got seated just a few minutes after our PS. The food was okay. No dish really stood out. There's something about breakfast buffets that just leave me feeling "blah" afterward. Character interaction was great. Minnie even came over and kissed me on the cheek while I waited alone for my change. CM is fine, but we'll try other breakfast places before we go back.

Dinner at Boma at AKL covered in another thread.

10/10 - Lunch at Flame Tree in AK, aka Revenge of the Birds. If I can impart a single bit of knowledge to the Restaurant board, let it be this: EAT AT A COVERED SPOT AT FLAME TREE! We initially sat by a little pond by the lagoon looking at the beautiful Everest construction. I picked up my drink, took a sip, and set it down. A millisecond after the drink hit the table, something flashed by my eyes. I looked down and saw super-fresh bird droppings right on the edge of the table. One-half of an inch either way and the stuff is in my food or on my lap. Folks, it wasn't just a little bit. This bird must've had the skillet at WCC the night before. We moved to a covered spot within seconds. We got the vouchers, which are a great deal. DW had the chicken salad and I had the pork sandwich. Both were great. We'll do this one again, after trying Tusker House. But under a roof, of course.

Great reviews! Thanks for posting. :)

Great Reviews.That is so true about the Flame Tree in and the birds. The last time we ate there my husband had not one but two birds drop a surprise on him. The first time was while sitting at the table and the second was after we left and decided to sit right outside the place on a stone ledge .Needless to say he will not agree to eat there again.

Enjoyed the reviews!! My DD has been wanting to eat at Pizza Planet for the past 2 trips, so I was glad for the timing tip. I'm not expecting great food, but I know she'll enjoy it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter