bell services/dispatch

heyhowdyhey

Mouseketeer
hey i have alot of questions if anybody can please help me
sooo i got accepted and im arriving june 7th for fa bell services/dispatch in wdw and i just wanted to know some things.

1. are there any blogs or vlogs about peoples experiences with that role?
2. did any of you get accepted for that role?
3. im really confused about the dispatch part of it am i basically just a bell hop.?
4. if anybody has done that role what are some good hotels to work at?
5. and my final question if anybody has any pics of the costumes for that role that will help me soooo much?

i know thats alot of questions but im really anxious to go and i just wanna know what im getting myself into haha

I don't know about Vlogs, but I found this on a different site.

Also, you're not a Bell Hop, if it doesn't say it below - that's a tipped position, so you won't be doing that.

I did the Disney College Program back in Spring 05' and loved it. I loved it so much, I fear doing a second program because I don't believe anything could top the experiences I had in the first college program, and would just leave me disappointed.

I worked at a hotel called Disney's BoardWalk Resort & Villas, originally contracted to the Front Desk and later moved to Bell Services in my remaining month, due to low staffing. It is my understanding that every hotel runs their bell services differently, though some are more similar than others. The way my hotel ran things divided your work into four different areas: Bellhop Dispatch, Valet Dispatch, Point, and Transfer.

One common misconception is that you will be in a position of being tipped. I don't believe college program students are allowed these positions, but one way to check is to check your pay rate. If it's the same as everyone else on the college program, you won't be getting any tips. Your job will mostly consist of keeping the bellhops and valets organized.

Bellhop Dispatch- In this position you stand at the Bell Services stand in the hotel and take phone calls and then write up tags. These tags tell the bellhops what room to go to and the number of luggage that needs to be carried. You also need to keep the bellhops in order so they don't cut in front of each other and steal the other persons tips. Like most jobs in Bell Services, it's very quiet most of the day, and then absolute chaos during check-in and check-out times.

Valet Dispatch
In this position you stand in the valet booth and receive keys from the valets. You then organize the keys in a locker and log the information into a computer. Then when people come back for their car, you pull their keys, ring up a valet to get their car. You also have internet access on your computer to give people directions around Orlando.

Point
This was my favorite job, but very chaotic and high-pressured. At the front of the hotel is a loop where people drop their cars off to the valets. The road width in this loop is a little more than 3 cars wide. It's your job during high volume times, to direct the cars into certain areas of this loop by pointing. Your main objective is to keep the center of the road clear and keep the cars unloading on the left and right side of the road. This way, once a car is done unloading, it can use that center lane to leave the loop and be driven to the valet parking lot. If that center lane is blocked, you will have a traffic jam of 20 cars and several valets screaming at you. Your secondary jobs are whistling for taxi cabs that sit on the entrance to the loop and using a radio to notify the hotel when a VIP has arrived.

Transfer- This is a great job when you don't feel like doing anything. You get a list of luggage that somehow ended up at your hotel, and needs to be shipped to a different one. So they give you this van and you load up all this luggage and drive around to all the hotels dropping it off. Nothing made the time go by faster than cruisin' in that van, blasting the A/C and jammin' to my favorite radio station.

dang i thought it was more of a bell hop role. now im a little worried! i wish i would have just got attractions!

I was also accepted for bell services dispatch. I have not seen many others that have been accepted but it seems like a fun role.

I did this job one day at AKL back in 2003 I picked up a shift to the luggage room. It was not that fun at all. You sitting there moving luggage around in the storage rooms getting carts for the bellmen, letting the valet which rack of luggage they need to get for the claim tickets. People yelling at you on a morning asking why it is taking so long for a bellman beacause you got 500 rooms checking out and they need their bags picked up right now. But there is fun part to it too. I wouldnt do the job for a living, with no tips.

iduno im a little worried about this role when i read it i thought it was more of a bell hop. but its different then working attractions which i have done for 4 years! but owell i hope im going to like it!

youtube.com /watch?v=FnZ_EQRTdEo

I made a vlog :)

What is the exact wording of how they worded your role? was it “Bell Service Dispatch” ?
let me know if you have any questions

oh, and I rarely come on here… so if you have questions you can send them in a youtube message or youtube comment or I might miss them

ya the wording kinda threw me off haha. this happened to me before when i applied to work at disneyland part time or cr. and i got offered custodial busser soo i thought i was just bussing tables but i guess i missed the part that im washing dishes all the time haha. but no i dont have any questions its something different for me soo it should be cool. i maybe have one question if your read this haha but is it hard to get use too? cause for me like when i do something new im a little shy especially if its hard.

I know you guys haven’t been in here since 2010 buttttttt maybe my luck will change and you will see my message. I’m about to start this position, first time working for Disney so any tips would be helpful. THANK YOU

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter