Beneights

I did not know they had any at the bars. I have only had them in Tiana's Place dining room for dessert. Which bar?

MJ

Nope.

The ones at the bar were awful to be honest and I actually paid $3 for them because I enjoyed the ones at Tianas so much.

I have not been onboard since the Promenade was refurbished. I can't believe they are selling them at the bar. Well, yes I can actually since they sell stuff at O'Gills as well.

MJ

I have not been onboard since the Promenade was refurbished. I can't believe they are selling them at the bar. Well, yes I can actually since they sell stuff at O'Gills as well.

MJ

I’m sailing the Wonder for the first time next week. I can’t believe they are selling them, period. They are, like, the cheapest piece of junk food to produce. Fried dough + sugar.

Perhaps, like the popcorn, charging for them is a way to reduce consumption and thus reduce the amount of powdered sugar spilled all over the ship.

Last edited:
We just got back from WONDER's repositioning to New Orleans. We enjoyed the dessert beignets at Tiana's Place, but did not bother using the chocolate sauce they were served with. Not sure if they are served at the French Quarter Lounge. We spent a lot of time in that lounge, and never saw a menu there, or anyone else with anything other than the bar snacks offered - a small tray with three little bowls - pretzel thins, rice crackers, and fried fava beans. There WAS such a menu with the small plates available in the Crown and Fin. No beignets there, either.
That being said, they were NO match for the fresh ones at either Cafe DuMonde, or Cafe Beignet in New Orleans where they are light, pillowy, and sweet.
We hope Disney continues to use New Orleans for some sailings in the coming years.

We tried them in the French Quarter Lounge on the first cruise after dry dock—they were freshly made and someone brought them to our table and put on the powdered sugar to our specifications. They were hotter than the ones we got at Tiana's Place so I preferred them, but I don't know that they were worth paying for more than once.

The ones at the bar were a little larger, and certainly warmer. We got the la bouff favorite as a snack in the afternoon - I wouldn't recommend it. You really do not get a lot for $19; we ordered two extra beignets and I still were left wanting. The chocolate sauce is served in a cup too wide to dip and way too much to drizzle. It was kind of weird... neither of us could taste the (we assume) vanilla and chocolate flavoring in the macrons and the madeline was kind of... wet.

IMG_3690.jpg

The ones at the bar were a little larger, and certainly warmer. We got the la bouff favorite as a snack in the afternoon - I wouldn't recommend it. You really do not get a lot for $19; we ordered two extra beignets and I still were left wanting. The chocolate sauce is served in a cup too wide to dip and way too much to drizzle. It was kind of weird... neither of us could taste the (we assume) vanilla and chocolate flavoring in the macrons and the madeline was kind of... wet.

View attachment 473742

Those aren’t beignets.

These are beignets:

NOTMC_22081_a9d62d55-0742-4e2e-882a-fe9414d4fd8c.jpg

No dipping sauces. No drizzle. Fresh, hot fried dough + powdered sugar = done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!