Best 3rd party site for WDW resort reservations/lowest price

Louie7080

Registered
Not sure if this should go on this board or the budget board so may post there also. For my dates, of the 3rd party sites (is 3rd party the correct term?) I have seen, it seems Undercover Tourist has the lowest rates for WDW All Star Music value resort (about 8 less a night) than through WDW. Are there any sites I should look at? Orbitz was a lot more than through Disney. TIA!

Last edited:
When I’ve searched, Undercover tourist has been the lowest. And they have the benefit of specializing in Disney and Universal (plus some other places, but at least they know what they are doing with Disney reservations). I believe Orbitz can sometimes have additional discounts you can use at Disney. Hotels.com and Priceline also has deals, but for my upcoming stays they haven’t been better than UT.

I wonder though if each website has a different “block” of rooms or if they pull from the same group. Because I’ve noticed one may not have availability while others will. So if you are looking for the best deal, I would check them all.

I’m surprised about Orbitz. We have had luck in the past with that site being pretty much the same as Disney and the other hotel sites but Orbitz usually has a 15% discount code for hotel-only reservations right on the front page that they advertise. If you’re looking for a package deal, the best site we’ve found by far is jetblue vacations. We did a low budget trip in August and the price for flights was $1200 through jetblue. Through jetblue vacations, the same flights and 4 nights at the cheapest all-star was ....$1175! How that works I have no idea but this isn’t the first time jetblue vacations has saved us a ton of money over any other package site. I’m guessing that because you’re booking directly through jetblue, they discount their flights by booking a package with them that no other site can do. I could just keep talking so I’m going to stop and let you digest this info. Good luck!

I 2nd Jetblue vacations. I did $15/night better through them than anywhere else. Of course, if Jetblue doesn't have flights from your airport, it may take them out of the running.

I don’t think there is a “best” 3rd party website for Disney reservations, it depends on what type of accomodations you are looking for and when you are looking at prices.

I’ve had success several times with Orbitz, either finding rooms that aren’t available through Disney (last minute) or being able to “stack” an additional 15% discount on top of the same discounted price that Disney was asking. We live close enough to drive so we book room only reservations.

Last edited:

In the past I have always had great luck with Orbitz and stacking discounts but lately when I search it looks like their system is charging a much higher "taxes and fees per night" rate than Disney. For example, for my dates they have a Beach Club room for $534/night but the taxes/fees are coming up at $203 per night. Disney is showing a rate of $447 for the same nights with $111 in taxes TOTAL. I am not sure if it is a glitch in their system or what.

The best deal I've gotten has been through a travel agent, but I can't name the agency on this site. Deeper discount than Disney's discount.

And that right there is the reason why sadly, we can't answer the OP's question ;) The DIS is chock full of affiliations to travel agencies, so not all "cheap ways to get to Disney" can be named due to conflicts of interest ;)

And that right there is the reason why sadly, we can't answer the OP's question ;) The DIS is chock full of affiliations to travel agencies, so not all "cheap ways to get to Disney" can be named due to conflicts of interest ;)

To clarify, the DIS is associated with one travel agency: Dreams Unlimited.

We don’t ban other travel providers due to conflicts of interest. We do have rules for how businesses can be referenced on the board, and how businesses can advertise here. We have banned businesses that have repeatedly violated those rules.

I don’t think there is a “best” 3rd party website for Disney reservations, it depends on what type of accomodations you are looking for and when you are looking at prices.

I’ve had success several times with Orbitz, either finding rooms that aren’t available through Disney (last minute) or being able to “stack” an additional 15% discount on top of the same discounted price that Disney was asking. We live close enough to drive so we book room only reservations.
I used to book with a Orbitz regularly, because of the stacking, but lately it seems like they aren't getting the Disney discount, so it's just their 15%. Does anyone know if this is the new normal for them?

In the past I have always had great luck with Orbitz and stacking discounts but lately when I search it looks like their system is charging a much higher "taxes and fees per night" rate than Disney. For example, for my dates they have a Beach Club room for $534/night but the taxes/fees are coming up at $203 per night. Disney is showing a rate of $447 for the same nights with $111 in taxes TOTAL. I am not sure if it is a glitch in their system or what.

Check the listing and see if it includes breakfast and dinner. Orbitz has been showing rooms for certain dates and resorts with the dining plan ‘included.’ The dining plan cost then shows up in the daily taxes and fees.

For some dates they had AoA family suites with the dining plan but no additional cost. Otherwise it’s been room rate plus cost of dining plan in the taxes and fees.

Check the listing and see if it includes breakfast and dinner. Orbitz has been showing rooms for certain dates and resorts with the dining plan ‘included.’ The dining plan cost then shows up in the daily taxes and fees.

For some dates they had AoA family suites with the dining plan but no additional cost. Otherwise it’s been room rate plus cost of dining plan in the taxes and fees.
Oh thanks! Do you know about how far out to check Orbitz?

You will find that Orbitz and PriceLine have some last minute deals on rooms. There are specific ways to search for a Disney Resort. This involves searching for free parking, free wifi and most most important, no convenience or resort fees. But this is subject to availability. and kind of semi last minute. You don't know which resort you actually get. With these, you pay in advance for the whole stay. Never done it, so no idea about refunds/cancellations. Note also that if you add kids, you may be charged the extra adult fee. They treat children just like adults. You can sometimes book two and then add the children by calling Disney.

As others mentioned, there are some travel agencies that have special group rates. From what I know, they will require payment in full 30 days prior to arrival, but refunds are similar to room only (I think it was up to 5 days prior to arrival) You can add tickets but no dining plan.

All these are room only offers BTW. With some of the TAs you can add tickets, but you would be better off getting them from UT in any case.

Undercover tourist for us. We booked through them last time. However, this year they had no availability at FQ so we booked directly through Disney instead.

Orbitz 15% code Inspire or cheap tickets 16% code Newyear. Animal kingdom was about 40.00 per night less then booking through WDW. 305 a night tax included on cheap tickets. UC was 337.00 and WDW was 355.00. This is for April. I also use a TA, but for one night their prices are similar to the TA's. Even for BW and BC. I'm not sure if there's a cap on the number of nights or not.

If you book a room through a 3rd party site, can you still add the dining plan, once you link your reservation and tickets on MDE?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!