• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best AKL Room

Mich Mouse

Poly Loving Disney Bride
Can anybody share their experiences? I am planning to book our vacation and I'm wondering where to request to be placed? We definitely would like a Savanah view. What are the best areas (trails) and floors to stay on? Thank you for any information!!:D

If you are going to be in a standard savannah view room the best view we had were from the second or third floor, zebra Trail rooms. The rooms facing the Arusha savannah in the 2516-2531 section have a watering hole right outside your window so many animals congregate there. That being said, we've been told the further out you are on the trails the better. We often went down to the stairways at the end of the Kudu Trail. We usually found CM's checking out the animals there. IT seems a little more secluded back there so there were always quite a few animals.

Mich Mouse, whatever you do avoid the Arusha Savannah 200 section whatever floor. We had 2236, and we had the worst people pen view possible. We made the best of it, but we weren't real interested in the view.

We had a fabulous savannah view room on Zebra Trail (overlooking Arusha Rock savannah). We stayed on the fourth floor (I believe room 4425??). Loved it so much that we requested that trail and savannah again for our trip in December. If you have kids or don't want to do a lot of walking, request closer to the lobby. The outside rooms can be quite a hike. You will love it!!!!

kdibattista. Did you request room location when you booked?If so what did you request?? It looks on the map that you were near the elevator, which is where I would like to be.so we could get to the pool easy..thanks for any info...amy

Room 2511- Zebra Trail Arusha Savannah. It was amazing... so amazing that we're requesting the same area/floor/room if possible when we go back in December.

Have a great trip... you can't go wrong at AKL!!!

Erin :D

We have reservations for AKL for early May. We have two children - DS is 7 and DD is 4. Therefore, we are looking for a non-smoking room with bunk beds and a view of the Arusha Savanna. I understand that the Zebra trail 2nd floor is good for convenience (lobby, restaurants and pool access) but I was particularly wondering which rooms might have the bunk beds.

mrsltg: Did the room you mention have a bunk bed in it?

mom23guys2: Can you share any specifics?

Thanks!!!

Hollymom - What do you mean by "the 200 section" When you say to aviod it I am not sure what you mean because the room are not in hundreds, rather thousands. Am I to assume that any room that begins with 2 is not acceptable, because that contradicts the other responses. Can you explain... Can anybody explain? I'm lost like Stitch?

:D

We were in room 2523 on Zebra Trail with the Arusha Savannah View. This was a great room with a great view! We saw animals everyday. While we were there a CM recommended not staying any higher than the 3rd floor so that you are not looking down on the trees.
Hope this helps and good luck!

We were there at Thanksgiving and had room 2517 Zebra Trail Arusha savanna (if you stepped out of our room door entrance, you could see the Uzima savanna "both savannas in one area"). Great view, my son took gobs of pictures and yes the watering hole must have had catnip in it because the zebra and wildebeest were chasing the gemsbok and they were often squareing off (got great video of the ordeal and alot of pics). Lots of ankole cattle (watoussi) and giraffe.

The room wasn't far from the elevator down to the pool and Boma's. I gave my room prefernce prior to arrival and couldn't have been happier with the room we got.

We were there at Thanksgiving in room 2517 Zebra Trail Arusha savanna (balcony) with entrance to our room facing Uzima savanna (door entrance),"two views in one". Saw lots of animals Zebra, Gemsbok, Giraffe, Ankole Cattle (watoussi), Bongo, and Wildebeest. And yes there was the watering hole which must have had catnip in it, because the zebra and wildebeest were chasing the gemsbok. Quite a show. My son got lots of pictures and I got great video of their confrontations.

Gave my room preferences prior to arrival and couldn't have been happier. Room wasn't far from elevator to pool and Boma's.

Our room had bunk beds and an excellent view, 2507 (Zebra Trail, Arusha Savannah). We were right in front of a feeding station and a giraffe feeding box too so we saw animals wheneve we looked out. Also, you're at a great height because youre so close to the ground so you feel very close to the animals. We looked from the balconies higher up and it just wasn't the same atmosphere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter