Best and Worst Top 6 Best Queues

Awesome show today guys. This was one of the best episodes of any show you guys have done in a long time. Great discussion with different strong opinions. Just wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed this episode.

I thought the Mt. Everest discussion set the tone for the rest of the show (as you said, strong positions and with solid banter).

Everest is one of the best attractions queues in any theme park. The there is so much to the theme of the attraction.

I recommend people watch this:
if you want to know how much attention to detail went into the attraction telling a complete story.
(Also you see Craig in it at times like 29mins 30s)

I know there aren't any digital layers or animatronics in the queue but that would really take away from the more "realistic" approach the queue presents.
There could be like an animatronic shop keeper, or an old projector playing photos of "old expeditions", but this would really take you out of the immersion.

It was a more authentic approach than the other rides.
I come out of that attraction feeling like I have been to a "different place" for a bit more than other rides in WDW.
It really looks and feels like somewhere else.
I haven't been to Pandora yet though.

Yes other queues are more interactive and more "spoon fed" but when you pay more attention to the details it is very immersive yet under-appreciated.

Everest is one of the best attractions queues in any theme park. The there is so much to the theme of the attraction.

I recommend people watch this:
if you want to know how much attention to detail went into the attraction telling a complete story.
(Also you see Craig in it at times like 29mins 30s)

I know there aren't any digital layers or animatronics in the queue but that would really take away from the more "realistic" approach the queue presents.
There could be like an animatronic shop keeper, or an old projector playing photos of "old expeditions", but this would really take you out of the immersion.

It was a more authentic approach than the other rides.
I come out of that attraction feeling like I have been to a "different place" for a bit more than other rides in WDW.
It really looks and feels like somewhere else.
I haven't been to Pandora yet though.

Yes other queues are more interactive and more "spoon fed" but when you pay more attention to the details it is very immersive yet under-appreciated.
I will also add that Joe Rohde photographed many of the images in the queue on his trips. He talked about it on his instagram yesterday.

"Pirates" is a great Queue...."Space Mountain"... kind of gets u into the right frame of mind,,,Not WDW related buy a really awesome Queue was "Kongfrontation" at Universal

I agree with Craig on the Haunted Mansion aspect. Once I’m inside the building in inside the attraction. I feel the same with Flight of Passage. Once I’m inside the first pre show my queue wait is over.

It feels like for a number of rides there are three parts: queue, pre-show, main attraction

If forced to put the pre-show in one or the other I guess it would have to be with the queue as it has the term “pre” in the name

- but obviously different than just a regular switch back line

It feels like for a number of rides there are three parts: queue, pre-show, main attraction

If forced to put the pre-show in one or the other I guess it would have to be with the queue as it has the term “pre” in the name

- but obviously different than just a regular switch back line
Very true. Star Wars attractions are said to be much like Flight of Passage in having that same set up queue, pre-show, and ride. That pre-show is part of the experience. Taking it out would result in a different experience.

I agree with the list except for the Peter Pan queue. I'm with Pete on this one, I like that they added the bedroom and the outdoor queue portion with nana but not a top 6 queue in my opinion. I think Star Tours should've been on this list.

Would seeing the Voices of Liberty qualify as an attraction queue? If so, I don't recall any other current attraction at WDW with live group entertainers in a pre-show.

Would seeing the Voices of Liberty qualify as an attraction queue? If so, I don't recall any other current attraction at WDW with live group entertainers in a pre-show.
I would think no. The Voices of Liberty are an entertainment option where you don't have to watch the show after you can leave.

I would think no. The Voices of Liberty are an entertainment option where you don't have to watch the show after you can leave.

I am on the fence with this one. In one respect, when they are performing, you are virtually mandated to hear them before entering the main show. Mandated is probably not the right word as I immensely enjoy and respect their talents.

Not trying to be preemptive, but I presume a worst ride queues episode is forthcoming. As such, I have a list albeit in no order or complete (and is based on my personal vision/definition of a ride queue).

• Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse
  • Tiki Room
  • Journey into Imagination
  • Kilimanjaro Safari
  • Navi River Journey

I am on the fence with this one. In one respect, when they are performing, you are virtually mandated to hear them before entering the main show. Mandated is probably not the right word as I immensely enjoy and respect their talents.

Not trying to be preemptive, but I presume a worst ride queues episode is forthcoming. As such, I have a list albeit in no order or complete (and is based on my personal vision/definition of a ride queue).

• Tiki Room
  • Kilimanjaro Safari
  • Navi River Journey
I’m not sure I agree with Imagination. While not the best queue it’s not the worst. It is themed to the lab you are about to enter and has some Easter eggs.

I would add Rockin Rollercoaster. While it has a pre show the queue is rather boring.

Then you have Spaceship Earth which is all outside and entirely switchbacks.

• Tiki Room
  • Kilimanjaro Safari
  • Navi River Journey

I think Thunder Mountain Railroad belongs at the top of the worst list!! It gets so hot and loud in there I'm gonna start sweating just thinking about it! I would probably put the Jungle Cruise in the same category. (Whats with the queues in Adventureland).

While its a mediocre attraction, the Kali River Rapids Queue is absolutely beyond gorgeous. I wish it was a better attraction because I would be willing to wait in that line for quite a while.

I agree..it was a fun episode to listen/watch. I LOVE queues. They should have done an honorable mention list to include Seven Dwarfs and Little Mermaid. I hope they do this again when Toy Story and Star wars land opens up. And bring back Mr. Potato Head!

I agree..it was a fun episode to listen/watch. I LOVE queues. They should have done an honorable mention list to include Seven Dwarfs and Little Mermaid. I hope they do this again when Toy Story and Star wars land opens up. And bring back Mr. Potato Head!

I LOVE that Little Mermaid queue. I cannot imagine how cool it is for a child. The whole 'new Fantasyland' area did a really excellent job with them!

I think Thunder Mountain Railroad belongs at the top of the worst list!! It gets so hot and loud in there I'm gonna start sweating just thinking about it! I would probably put the Jungle Cruise in the same category. (Whats with the queues in Adventureland).

While its a mediocre attraction, the Kali River Rapids Queue is absolutely beyond gorgeous. I wish it was a better attraction because I would be willing to wait in that line for quite a while.

Splash is pretty brutal too in the heat - and that line can get LOOOOOONG. The last part is cool with Brer Frog, but most of it is a pain

• Tiki Room
  • Kilimanjaro Safari
  • Navi River Journey

Swiss Family is pretty average queue to no attraction.

• Tiki Room
  • Kilimanjaro Safari
  • Navi River Journey

Worst Queues have to include the Speedway and its a small world.

Other candidates are Astro Orbiters, Peoplemover and Spaceship Earth

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!