Best ASMu standard room location?

Pdollar88

DIS Veteran
I never knew about requesting specific areas or putting in room requests the previous times I stayed at an All Star resort. What do you think the best building/area would be for All Star Music? To be close to the lobby and the bus stop.

I'm seeing recommendations for building 4 of Rock and Roll -- but it looked to me like building 3 would be slightly preferable?

Standard at ASMu stinks. Between the layout of the resort (like no others) and them removing so many rooms for Suites .... the majority are not close. I would not put a section because they will focus on you getting in that section over everything else. I would say close to transportation/lobby and that be you priority.

At ASSp I used to pick my section so I could experience them all (but football). I decided one of my last trips to just say close to transportation. I got a great room just a few feet from a preferred room.

Last edited:
I would not put a section because they will focus on you getting in that section ever everything else. I would say close to transportation/lobby and that be your priority.

This. So many people seem to obsess over what building they should request (not just for the AS resorts, but for all resorts that have multiple buildings), when they should just ask for what they want.

I would not put a section because they will focus on you getting in that section over everything else. I would say close to transportation/lobby and that be you priority.

This. So many people seem to obsess over what building they should request (not just for the AS resorts, but for all resorts that have multiple buildings), when they should just ask for what they want.

I could not agree more. :thumbsup2

The problem is "close to transportation" (which would also be my first choice) is not among the options available... At least, it doesn't appear in my online check-in list. Only the names of the buildings, highest floor, ground floor and near elevator.

The problem is "close to transportation" (which would also be my first choice) is not among the options available... At least, it doesn't appear in my online check-in list. Only the names of the buildings, highest floor, ground floor and near elevator.

Interesting, it used to have "Near Transportation" as an option. If it were me, I would probably call and have them type in manually. Music of all values, with the different layout, that would be important to me.

It's best to call the Main Reservations line and have any requests added to your reservation. This can be done any time from the day you book up until 4-5 days out.

DD and I just came back from first visit to ASMu - chose Broadway building 8 as closest of standard rooms based on Touring Plans room maps (Jazz is now preferred) - requested 8655 through TP fax based on location and view, and called in request as well to be noted on reservation for Building 8 top floor close to lobby. We got 8659, loved our location, right next to Jazz, so as close as possible w/o preferred, and loved the theming - like being on a street in a city w/Marquees and lights - really well done - I will post a pic if I can figure it out later! In fact, our last nt there was a room only add on, which was preferred because that was all that was available, but we changed it to stay in our same room(would have been Jazz) since we liked our section, and would have only been slightly closer, and saved us a few $$! If you preferto the Rock theme, Building 3 is slightly closer than 4 - it is directly opposite Broadway 8 so same basic distance to front.

DD and I just came back from first visit to ASMu - chose Broadway building 8 as closest of standard rooms based on Touring Plans room maps (Jazz is now preferred) - requested 8655 through TP fax based on location and view, and called in request as well to be noted on reservation for Building 8 top floor close to lobby. We got 8659, loved our location, right next to Jazz, so as close as possible w/o preferred, and loved the theming - like being on a street in a city w/Marquees and lights - really well done - I will post a pic if I can figure it out later! In fact, our last nt there was a room only add on, which was preferred because that was all that was available, but we changed it to stay in our same room(would have been Jazz) since we liked our section, and would have only been slightly closer, and saved us a few $$! If you preferto the Rock theme, Building 3 is slightly closer than 4 - it is directly opposite Broadway 8 so same basic distance to front.
Good to see the TP fax can make a difference! I've asked for 8534 or close to it, I hope we'll get it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter