Best beach by orlando?

Greenfield1984

DIS Veteran
Just looking to hit the beach for a day.
Which beach is best?
Kind of prefer ease of access (ez parking, easy to get there) and less crowded.

Not sure but google for
Red tide and a myriad of other water issues happening :( before heading out.

Our girls have a day trip planned to Clearwater Beach at the end of this month. Do you recommend canceling because of the red tide? Not sure what the possible health risks are as we're don't have red tide at home.

Cape Canaveral National Seashore is beautiful, and wasn't crowded when we went 10 years ago. Definitely check on the red tide, though

What is this red tide I keep hearing about?
Apparently something that can spring up that will make you sick. I believe its a small organism explosion. Occurs on the gulf side but is highly monitored. You can see which areas and beaches are effected.
Changed regularly so have to check into it when you are actually going.

Cape Canaveral National Seashore is beautiful, and wasn't crowded when we went 10 years ago. Definitely check on the red tide, though

Apparently something that can spring up that will make you sick. I believe its a small organism explosion. Occurs on the gulf side but is highly monitored. You can see which areas and beaches are effected.
Changed regularly so have to check into it when you are actually going.
Just read an article on Red Tide on West Coast, Clearwater and Sarasota Beaches seem to still be affected....So SAD..the beaches are so beautiful, all those fish are dying, can cause respiratory issues...:(:scared1:

Will never forget..had a trip planned to St.Petersburg Beach about 12 years ago I believe...Both sons have asthma...Red Tide occurred and had to cancel trip:(. Must say hotel was very understanding..I kept hoping, but could never take that chance with respiratory issues obviously. Back then, it seemed to have a short duration, but this past Red Tide has lasted 10 months?:confused: Wow, so sad, such gorgeous beaches!:scratchin

Atlantic Ocean beaches are fine ie (EAST COAST FL).

Nearest beach to Orlando is Cocoa Beach (near Cape Canaveral)

US 50 Colonial to the old Bee Line Expressway Fl 528.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter