Best Buffet Breakfast

Sandi

A proud Spartans fan.
My DH, who doesn't usually go to WDW with DD and I, is joining us for our trip in a couple of weeks. He would like your recommendations on buffet breakfasts WITHOUT characters. He is more into the food quality, service and such.

So. . .

1. What is the best on property buffet breakfast (no characters) and why?

2. What is the best off property buffet breakfast and why?

Thanks for all your help.

::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo ::MinnieMo

Trail's End at Ft.W was excellent. A ton of great tasting food, all the usual, eggs, sausage, etc AND Mickey waffles, breakfast pizza and a donut bar - what more could you ask for?

I believe it was very reasonable priced too!

That donut bar sounds intriguing. And FW is near WL (where we'll be staying). Thanks.

fort wilderness is an easy walk from the lodge. and of course there is always the boat. another buffet we have enjoyed is at boatwright's at POR. you can either order a la carte or do the buffet. many folks enjoy the buffet at boma's at AKL; however, we were not among those who did enjoy it. :duck:

what did you not like about the Boma buffet, food variety, quality or what . we were thinking of going there instead of cape may and just wondered.
Thansk

The Whispering Canyon Cafe at WL does not have a buffet for breakfast but if does have the bottomless breakfast skillet. The skillet has yummy eggs,sausage, bacon, biscuits and gravy. We're definetly going back for this breakfast in December.

Just a thought for you.
Renee

Sandi,

I just read your other post on the Resort board.

If your DH likes peace and quiet the Whispering Canyon is not the place for him.:D

Renee

Renee: You hit the nail on the head! Whispering Canyon just won't do -- at least not for breakfast. I still want us to take DD there for lunch -- she'll ask for ketchup.

All - I appreciate the suggestions.

jann1033, we found, expect for several different dishes not found on other breakfast buffets, this to be the same breakfast buffet you can find elsewhere. we do not have a car at wdw and rely on wdw transportation and for what it took to get there it was not worth the effort. now, dinner at jiko--that is another story!! excellent everytime we have dined there. if you can do a search, i posted out about this under "2 dining disappointments" about 2 weeks ago.:tongue:

Best breakfast buffet w/o characters - Boma
Best breakfast buffet - tied between Boma & 1900 Park Fare

We ate at the character breakfast on our last trip while DD was out on the Pirate Cruise, so it was toward the end of seating. We were very surprised at how quiet it was! In fact, at one point Gippetto & Pinocchio were sitting on the floor with a family's 3 - 6 mos. infant! The food there is more upscale than at Boma. Both are very diverse & both have omelette stations & Mickey waffles. Boma has a wonderful juice blend called Frunch.

Both can be noisy (aren't all buffets at WDW?) but if you are there at opening or closing it seems quieter.

We were a bit worried that we wouldn't like Boma for breakfast - afraid it would be too "different". However, they had many standard American items such as yogurt, granola, waffles, eggs, omelettes, pastries, fresh fruit, etc & then a few African items as well. We weren't too fond of the lamb sausage, but loved the apple sausage. We ended up eating at least 3x in 10 days.

I'm surprised nobody has voted for Cape May Cafe's breakfast buffet (with characters). We ate here on our last trip and thoroughly enjoyed it. There were differents foods on each side of the buffet, and it was all hot and plentiful. The character interaction was great too!

Ann:earsgirl:

What is the best way to get to Trail's End from the AS and how long does it take? I can't wait to try their breakfast!!!!

Our favorite breakfast buffet is Boma. We enjoy the wide variety of foods, the atmosphere, and that delicious Frunch juice. We always include one trip to Boma with each visit to Disney. We have always enjoyed the dinners at Trail's End, but have not tried breakfast. We plan to do breakfast there in November.

weluvbuzz: I don't know how long it would take but from Fw we used to go by boat to the Mk ( depending on the time of day as I think the boat stopped going to MK around 8 or so ) and then bus from there so conceivable doing it backwards from the AS would work! it seems like the routes have changed since we were there last so I don't know if that is still the best way or not. the boat alwayed seemed faster but maybe it was just more fun! it seems like going to DTD (as seems to be the disney "stand' on getting to some places) would be a pain in the neck. if not maybe bus to MGM or epcot and go from there to FW. I think/ hope there is a direct bus to Fw. I would guess 1/2-3/4 hour though (pure guestimate) since it looks like a far drive to me!

YC Galley, hands down. You can order buffet or off the menu.
Trails End, close second.

steve

Boma is the best--has all the "usual suspects", along with several specialty items, carved pork loin, omlette station, and Kenya AA coffee.
Likle Maya Grill next--mostly the usual suspects, but arguably the best bacon on property
Never eaten offsite, so can't help there---.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter