Best character meal w/ Mickey???

psu1978

Mouseketeer
My DS fell in love with Mickey on our last trip. What is the best character meal that features Mickey? It doesn't matter whether it's breakfast or dinner. I am interested in the best food and good interaction with THE MOUSE.

Thanks! princess:

Chef Mickey's would be my number 1 choice for dinner. But we also love dinner at the Garden Grill at Epcot. If you are looking for Breakfast Ohana at the Poly has Mickey dressed in Polynesian clothes which is cute and they do a parade around the restaurant with the kids.

We've done Chef Mickey's(dinner) and Donald's Breakfastasauras. We love CM's and it is our first night tradition always! Food is good, not gourmet, but good. Desserts are fun. Character interaction is very good. Atmosphere is 100% Disney!!

Donald's was a bust. Didn't like it at all. Food was horrible, service was bad, lines were long, character interaction was brisk. Never again on that one.

We've also done Crystal Palace and Cape May, but I don't think Mickey is at either of those.

The Mickey meals I have done are Chef Mickey's dinner, Ohana breakfast, and Donald's Breakfastosaurus. Chef Mickey's was by far the best in terms of character interaction. At Donald's and Ohana, the characters only came by once and only long enough for a picture or two. At Chef Mickey's they came around lots of times and stayed around much longer each time. I also liked the food better at Chef Mickey's in terms of selection. Ohana is nice with the family style, but the selection is very limited. Donald's had a nice selection, but the buffet line got rather long.

Thanks for the responses! So far it looks like Chef Mickey's is the winner. Anyone else have 2 cents they'd like to add.

princess:

Chef Mickeys-good character interaction and the kids love the buffet! I could live without their food, but I'm there for the kids.

Another vote for Chef Mickey's. We've only had breakfast there, but the variety was good, not overly crowded and the character interaction was great.

:thewave: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :thewave:

The only Mickey meal we've had so far in our travels was Liberty Tree Tavern. We got a reasonable amount of attention, but for some reason I just didn't warm up to the costumes they were wearing; it didn't seem like familiar Mickey. My daughter, at that point, was still really leery of the characters (it was our first night, I think), so she was pretty timid.

We're trying Chef Mickey's this trip, too.

Good luck!

Kris

Another vote for Chef Mickey's....we usually try and do it every trip, the kids love it, and we love the food. :teeth:

I'm throwing in my vote for Garden Grill. For Mickey interaction it's the best! The food is good also, and plentiful. ::MickeyMo

I have to vote for Ohana. The last trip was the second time to do breakfast there. I just like the relaxing atmosphere there. This last trip was our first with my twin 5 yo nephews, and they were a bit squeemish with the characters, that is until we got the Ohana's. They joined in the parade, posed with the characters, and were thrilled to have Mickey eat with them. (they instisted Mick ate something - wish I was 5 again :) ) In fareness I haven't eaten at Chef Mickey's, so I can't really tell you this one was better, just that we liked it.

Breakfastosaurus all the way... great fresh plentiful food. The made to order veggie omelet is wonderful.
Great CM's. they role play their part as students on a dig very well.
Good character interaction. It is a must do for us every trip.

Cm's on the other hand. Poor service, uneatable cold bland over cooked food. Dirty messy buffet.
Characters seem to not know that there are rooms other than the main dinning room. While we waited for them to visit upstairs, they visited downstairs 3 times. The waiter for the table next to us was finally able to get them to run through for a second and acknowledge that our kids existed. I will never step foot in there again.

Thanks everyone for their input. My short list is down to Chef Mickey, Ohana, and Garden Grill ( I know it's not a really short list, but it's a start). There were a lot of votes for Chef Mick, but the food reviews are shaky. Also my DD is 14 (DS (Mickey lover) is 8)and I'm wondering whether she might be happier at Ohana's or Garden Grill. I would love to do LTT, but Mickey is not there!

If we are staying in BCV, how hard would it be to get to Ohana's for breakfast before MK park opening (non EE day)?

princess:

Oops! Forgot to add that we have done Breakfastosaurus (loved it!), but would like to do something different this time.

Originally posted by psu1978

If we are staying in BCV, how hard would it be to get to Ohana's for breakfast before MK park opening (non EE day)?

princess:

Will you have a car? We had an 8:10 PS, and with the Poly right on the Monorail, we had no problem being in the park by 9:30, and that was with 11 in our party, including the fore mentioned 5 YO twins, and mom with her scooter.

Originally posted by psu1978

princess:

There are early buses before park opening specifically for Character breakfasts....WDW dining will tell you they don't exist, but they do.

Kris

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter