Best Cioppino in San Francisco

kbmartin

DIS Veteran
After looking at tons of menus, it appears that cioppino is San Francisco's dish. I know that this may be different for everyone, but for those of you who live there or have been to San Fran, where would you say is the BEST cioppino? Thanks in advance!

Hmm, well I have had it at Cioppino's (fitting name), Scoma's, and Sotto Mare. Now Scomas is my favorite restaurant in the city hadns down, but if eating there I usually get something else. Cioppinos is in a location better for sightseeing if you want to see the wharf area, etc. But I would prefer Sotto Mare for the food. After that I would grab an Irish Coffee at the Buena Vista and then dessert at Ghirardellis to do some other must-do touristy things. Also, clam chowder in a a sourdough bowl is another popular item in SF.

After looking at tons of menus, it appears that cioppino is San Francisco's dish. I know that this may be different for everyone, but for those of you who live there or have been to San Fran, where would you say is the BEST cioppino? Thanks in advance!

Don't know about that. If anything it's the Mission style burrito. However, can probably make a stop somewhere for that.

Don't know about that. If anything it's the Mission style burrito. However, can probably make a stop somewhere for that.

You seem very knowledgable! I noticed a lot of your info on other San Fran threads. Just wanted to say thanks! It's been helpful!

You seem very knowledgable! I noticed a lot of your info on other San Fran threads. Just wanted to say thanks! It's been helpful!

Not that knowledgeable, but I know what I like. Here's one list that has two of those taquerias:

https://sf.eater.com/maps/san-francisco-iconic-foods-classic-dishes-best-drinks

No cioppino strangely enough.

When I'm in town I actually go to Boudin. Maybe not always the ones in Fishermans Wharf because their prices are higher, but the one at Macy's Union Square. I also like King of Thai Noodle. Those are really close to the Powell Street Cable Car turnaround, which I'm guessing you're planning to visit.

Not that knowledgeable, but I know what I like. Here's one list that has two of those taquerias:

https://sf.eater.com/maps/san-francisco-iconic-foods-classic-dishes-best-drinks

No cioppino strangely enough.

When I'm in town I actually go to Boudin. Maybe not always the ones in Fishermans Wharf because their prices are higher, but the one at Macy's Union Square. I also like King of Thai Noodle. Those are really close to the Powell Street Cable Car turnaround, which I'm guessing you're planning to visit.

Thai food is really good in SF, even the chain Osha, as is any asian food. I have yet to have bad sushi in SF, even though the locals snub the korean owned sushi places it beats sushi in most any other city. There is a really good garlic noodle place by my SF office that is amazing as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!