Best Condo For 7 (Kids are now young adults) near WDW?

03Poohmom

Earning My Ears
I used to spend hours planning WDW vacations for our family of 5. It's been a long time. Our kids are now in their 20's & 2 will be bringing long-time boyfriends.

I had considered going to Universal which we also enjoy, but I think WDW is where we really want to go. Staying onsite is not an option because the cost is too high & we really need the separate space of a condo. The dates are most likely January 11-17. I'm thinking 4 day passes. We'd like to spend a few days relaxing, so a resort feel would be nice.

Also we are flying but will rent a van, however transportation to the parks would be nice if we want to split up. I guess they could use Uber too. I'm looking for recommendations for those who have been recently. Thanks!

Might be too early to book, but Bonnet Creek resort is basically on property and is very highly rated.

My kids are all adults and we like Sheraton Vistana Resort. It's super close to WDW property (across I4 from Disney Springs), huge resort with some pools open until 1 AM, restaurants and bars on-site, very easy to Uber or get a taxi if needed, resort activities daily, not a bad drive to Universal.
https://www.marriott.com/hotels/tra...do/?scid=bb1a189a-fec3-4d19-a255-54ba596febe2

There's also a thread on this board for it:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/the-sheraton-vistana-resort-thread.3148502/

I would take a serious look at how "close" you all want to be. For 3 adult kids, 2 with partners, I would want a lot of bedrooms. You could easily do it in two 2BR villas at a timeshare resort like WBC or SVR mentioned above, or perhaps look at a vacation home (lots of options) through VRBO or similar. The rental home may not have the resort feel or transportation options of the resort villas, but will likely be less expensive. Transportation from the external resorts can be expensive and not very convenient. Uber is generally reasonable but I imagine surge pricing probably hits at park closing; I would check the transportation board here for opinions.

For 7 "adults", having 3-4 BRs is necessary in my opinion. The best bang for the buck will be renting a house or 4BR condo somewhere. Most of the timeshare places, you are looking at 2 2BR units or possibly finding a 3 or 4BR. There are tons of options. It all depends on #1 Budget #2 Your transportation needs #3 How far away are you willing to stay?

I'd definitely go for a rental house somewhere like Windsor Palms or Windsor Hills. You can get up to 6 bedrooms at Windsor Palms. Not sure about Hills. That would give everyone their space and privacy, multiple bathrooms, etc. Way cheaper and way nicer than any hotel. We book through VRBO.com. Lindfields is another nice but slightly older development where we've stayed several times before Windsor Palms was built. A bit further down 192 but still close enough to Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!